BucCornEar Festival

LadyBarbossa

UPDATED!!!!

Alright, fellow pirates! Here's an event YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS!!!

Buccornear_poster_111.jpg

Again...

October 12-13 in Helmsburg, Indiana... the Jackson Township Fire Department will hold their annual Parade and Carnival. This year, they have an interesting tri-theme: Popcorn, Pirates and Fire Prevention.

This festival coincides with National Fire Prevention Week.

Again, they want Pirates for this event!

As stated below, there will be allowed a Historical Encampment (free to participants). Fire Pits are allowed, too, so you can cook food.

People experienced with flintlocks and cannons are desired. Demos possible, skits/interactions/battles most likely!

Since it's Fire Prevention week, perhaps we pirates can come up with something that is related to fire prevention?

There WILL be a Pirates vs Fire Fighters Tug-Of-War! So we need every available Pirate willing and able to yank a rope in Bristol fashion!

Come on now, Mates! Step lively! Join this good cause!

More details will be passed along to you here, on the Facebook page for the Pirates and Buccaneers of the Resurrection or even on our Website.

Feel free to ask any questions and voice concerns but the Fire Department is working VERY hard to ensure that every comfort is available.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Hummm... I guess Blackbeard with the smoking matches in his beard isn't a sutiable role model for this event. :rolleyes:

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Aye, I think the Firefighters would enjoy a bit of Blackbeard's special effects.

~Lady B

• 6 months later...

Bumping up this topic, mates!

Desperately needin' come pirates and non-pirates for this event!

There is an encampment - yes, where you can camp overnight at! Only restriction: no drugs or alcohol. I know, I know... Pirates without rum, what sort of fun is that. But... tis th' rules. Otherwise... they want a good sized Pirate Encampment, with working/live demos, cannons, and all sorts of fun! We can have firepits and cook our own food!

This is nearby - if not next to - a fire station so, anything happens, we are safe nevertheless.

I'm desperately trying to get there since m' vessel died this week.

For more info on this event, here's the website: http://buccornear.webs.com/

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! HELP! The more Pirates, the merrier! I do NOT want to see another Karsyn Bell event (where they wanted pirates and no one showed up!).

~Lady B

• 3 weeks later...

OY!! ye need a better reason to attend? This is put on and for the Jackson Township FIRE DEPARTMENT!!! Tis a good cause! Let's not stick to the Pirate Fests and the sort! These brave men and women are reachin' out to us and inviting us to help make their event memorable!

What say ye? Hmm? I know there are PLENTY of pirates around the upper Midwest to attend the event! What more could ye ask for? Really? We shall have a historical Encampment, allow to have fire pits to cook, they want demos and interaction, Plus.. the best fun of all... Pirates vs Fire Fighters tug-of-war!!!

Come on now! Let's make this event for them memorable! All you need to do.. is show up!

~Lady B

• 4 weeks later...

A car and truck show has been added to this event!

A lot is being done to make this a grand event! Please! pirates! Don't miss out on this event! Do yo'r best to attend this event! Again, there IS historical camping plus many activities planned. The more the merrier!

~Lady B

• 3 weeks later...

A WEEK AND A HALF AWAY FROM THIS EVENT!!!

The Firefighters are excited- heck, I'm told the whole town and area is excited! The Pirate Encampment, as I'm told, is the buzz of the town already!

BUT... we are still in need of Pirates for this event!!!

If you are interested, let me know or simply attend! Definitely need more pirates for the Tug of War! 2, maybe 3 Pirates is NOT going to be enough against a dozen or so fit Firefighters! :)

Come on, Pirate Community! I know there are MANY pirates who attended Pirates of Paynetown. This event is NOT that far from Bloomington, Indiana where PoP was formerly held.

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

TOMORROW (Friday, October 12th) is the BucCornEar Festival in Helmsburg, Indiana! It's promising to be an excellent event with a variety of shows, car show, games, Pirates vs Firefighters tug-of-war, and so much more!!

Still in need of some pirates!

Here's the Schedule for the Festival! http://www.scribd.com/doc/109187592/BucCornEar-Festival-Final-Schedule

Hope to see ye there!!!

~Lady B