Welcome aboard!

William Brand

Ahoy Friends... My name's Phil Johnson and I'm new around these parts. Northern California is home when I'm not on the road entertaining.

My pirate thing started with Disney way back when and has since branched out into plenty of history and such.

I'm also the host of the Under The Crossbones podcast where I interview great people from the pirate community: Treasure Hunters (Chris Macort of the Whydah Museum - ep 16), Historians (Cindy Vallar - ep 4), Artists (Don Maitz - ep 7), Musicians (Tom Mason of the Blue Buccaneers - ep 3), Authors (Andrea Jones of 'Hook and Jill' - ep 13) and many others.

Looking forward to digging into all the good stuff here and meeting many of you. :)

UnderTheCrossbones_itunescover_240.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, Phil! My pirate thing really got underway with Sid Meier's "Pirates!" game. Let me know if you need a new guy to interview--I've got me own pirate novel (The Wrath of Brotherhood) out there. Just finishing up the first draft of the second one.

Ozgur K. Sahin

Independent Author of

The Wrath of Brotherhood

Book 1 of the Brethren of the Spanish Main series.

http://www.ozgurksahin.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Drink up, me hearties!

My name is Balázs Óvári. I'm a game programmer in Budapest, Hungary (Central Europe).

I have a long martial arts/reenactment/HEMA background, mostly using curved short swords, as a Thraex Gladiator.

Now we're forming a buccaneer (~1660s) martial arts and reenactment team with my friends, to make our childhood dream true :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi im Paul, had an interest in piratical things for quite a while, collect books nautical trinkets and tools. Enjoy knot tying sailor crafts. Come from a maritime background and still work in the marine industry.Started to grow the hair out for a more authentic look.

In plymouth but live on the moors.

Looking for like minded people to enjoy the subject with.

Does everything have to be kept to the "golden age"

Edited by Three sheets

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Ahoy mateys!

My name is Jessica, and I just turned 24. My father used to frequent these forums, so that's where I heard of the place. We used to frequent the Kansas City RenFaire, occasionally traveling to St. Louis and, on one occasion, PyrateCon (Which I wasn't allowed to go to, because my parent's weren't fond of the idea of a 17 year old running around New Orleans). I play a lot of video games and am attending school for Software and Mobile Application Development at the moment. I actually set the pirate aspect of my life aside for a while after my dad's passing, but am back here since I (finally) found his tutorial on the forums for pewter buttons. I hope to one day be able to do leatherworking, but for now I'll live with chatting with people who have similar interest. That's why we're all here, after all.

(Basically I ran out of things to say and just kept rambling...)

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...