William Brand

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy Wild Bill, welcome aboard!

Enjoy the Pub. ;)

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Hello Sara! For pirate inspiration the pub is abundant, I've consulted the articles and people available here many times. Do you have a youtube channel?

yeah, I do with 16,000 subscribers and counting! It's all anime-based and my most recent video is about the game, "Five Nights at Freddy's", but here's a link to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/sangonanami

and the first part of my show (it's going to be in about 10-ish parts and the actual dialogue doesn't come in until part 3, so parts 1 and 2 are a bit confusing)

but yeah, here's part 1!

Hello Sara! For pirate inspiration the pub is abundant, I've consulted the articles and people available here many times. Do you have a youtube channel?

yeah, I do with 16,000 subscribers and counting! It's all anime-based and my most recent video is about the game, "Five Nights at Freddy's", but here's a link to my channel

https://www.youtube.com/sangonanami

and the first part of my show (it's going to be in about 10-ish parts and the actual dialogue doesn't come in until part 3, so parts 1 and 2 are a bit confusing)

but yeah, here's part 1!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, everyone! I am Baidak (not my real name). I come to you in search of knowledge and community. Though my experiences in reenacting have been very few, and hours aplenty have been spent on researching piracy, I think it's time to get involved... and to learn more about pirates, too.

I make things out of metal and leather for a living (bags, belts, axes, swords, tools, jewelry, et al.). This is my connection to the reenactment community as many of my items are based on original historical material. However just being a spectator at events is getting boring.

By the way, "Baida" is the Ruthenian (Ukrainian) folkloric name of Dmytro Vyshnevetsky - 1516-1563, the first true chieftain (Hetman) of the Zaporozhian Cossack host. I'm considering doing a Cossack getup, as opposed to GAOP.

I'll write a post on the Cossacks, perhaps. They were the most prolific pirates of the era, as it's said.

Cheers,

Baida

Edited by BaidaK

"Nothing is impossible to he who will try." - Alexander

Welcome aboard BaidaK Enjoy your stay at the Pub. ^_^

Hummmm... a Cossack kit, now that's something you don't see every day.

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Welcome aboard BaidaK Enjoy your stay at the Pub. ^_^

Hummmm... a Cossack kit, now that's something you don't see every day.

Thank you for the welcoming.

Indeed, not common. It looks like fun though.

Baidak

"Nothing is impossible to he who will try." - Alexander

A belated welcome from me too Mr. Baidak!

Cossack pirates sounds very interesting and I have to confess I never heared of shuch before. It would be great to learn more about this topic.

I wonder how the ships looked like which they used and when their heyday was?

I presume the main region of operation was the Black Sea? And therefore I would send an extra greeting from way up the River Danube, which is my conection to that part of the world - metaphorically spoken :D

Edited by 'Beer Belly' Bellamy

Signature%20640px.jpg

Me mind be not as agile as it once was but I recall some pubber posted in regards to Black Sea pirates awhile ago. :wacko:

Jas. Hook

Ahoy Mr. BaidaK -

Update - Search postings by pubber named Hermann in 2013 ;)

Edited by Jas. Hook

Ahoy. Some of you know me, most probably don't. It's been years, but at last I've found my way back to home port. Cheers.

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

Welcome back Bloody Bill from ye voyage. Returning back to ye home port is a joy and a welcome.

Indeed, it's good to be back. Does Capt Brand still frequent this pub?

THIS CABIN-LAD'S GROWN HAGGARD, SO IN THE POT HE GOES AND FROM HIS SKIN WE'LL MAKE A LITTLE DRUM TO BEAT AS WE FIRE HUMAN HEADS FROM CANNONS AT OUR FOES. AND SET THE SEAS ABLAZE WITH BURNING RUM.

Thankee Capt, the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

• 1 month later...

Hi to all, My name is Paul Stokes retired member of "Rent a Peasant", Chef Lecturer turned Archaeologist. My interests are animal bones. I've been collecting Bone Apple Corers for many years and in that time an antiques deal flocked of a Mud-Larks collection off which included a number of worked bones, which he said that they were Apple Corers amongst many other things . I know that they were not, so I purchased as many as I could afford at that time. I've got 92 and since located 4 more, I've carried out some extensive research on them and proved that they are "Fids". I've given a paper on these to the Work Bone Research Group of the International Council of Zooarchaeology at their 10th Meeting in Belgrade last year. ​

Welcome aboard Mister Stokes.

It's interesting that so many rope working tools ended in the Thames' mud. :huh:

They were found opposite a Naval Victualling yard, East Smithfield, London and under the New Millennium Bridge. They've only been recorded at these site + 1 stray find up river. The Thames slit/mud is a good preservation medium no oxygen. Just wish I could import Pictures to this site

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Rick, indie author in my spare time. My second novel, Cold Steel on the Rocks is out on Amazon, it's a rib tickling tale about a metal band obsessed with pirates, who go on a search for Blackbeard's hidden treasure (it's not a true story) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ND9FQ2C?keywords=cold%20steel%20on%20the%20rocks&qid=1444070333&ref_=sr_1_1_twi_kin_2&sr=8-1

Ahoy me hearties. Thanks for the welcome aboard. My name is Joel, but in the pyrate world I be known as Benedict Rex. I hail from the colony in the new world called Connecticut, and am formerly from New Amsterdam, er that be New York City in today's speak. I'm 31 years in the business of law enforcement and took to that vocation as a means to not fall to the ills of temptation... it kept me on the straight and narrow. I was born 300 years too late, but explore my alternate pyrate persona whenever I can at faires, festivals and the like.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Rick and Joel

Joel - Keep a weather eye out for The 6th Annual Pirates Salty Ball in Manchester CT.