Welcome aboard!

William Brand

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Lengthy absense but returning hopefully I won't disappear again.

A hearty welcome to all ye newcomers - Jabez, Steel Scimitar, BCarp, & Calico. :) glad t' have ye with us.

Oy, Calico... the Pirates & Buccaneers of the Resurrection are one of a few Crews who are in the region. Hope we see ye at an event. The Forsake is another. The Pirates of the Great Lakes has been around a while. No doubt a good number of pirates up at Bristol and down at Stronghold. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 4 weeks later...

Permission to come on board...

soon I will be known as 'Beer Belly' Bellamy, outside the trade I am known as Christian. I am a native German although my father was from Greece. My interest in seafaring and ships started about 4 decades ago and it never really faded although I developed other interest too. Since I was a kid I was attracted to history in general and in special I was really into the history of Lord Nelson and the voyages of James Cook, I read 'Treasure Island', 'Robinson Crusoe' and watched what ever TV offered me in pirate movies etc.

In the 1990ies I was about to get involved in reenactment, but I had no good start, because the guys I met in my area were more interested in costumed drinking than in real living history and I for me do not need a cowboy's hat to enjoy a good beer. Meanwhile I got married and raised two daughters and volunteered as head (and brain) of a nonprofit youthclub. We were the first to celebrate Halloween, which was back then rarely known in our corner of Germany.

Later I got at least involved in living history as a royal wurttembergian engineer officer (around 1910), because our nonprofit youthclub was housed within the walls of an old fort of the fortress of Ulm (build 1842 - 1859) and I was interested in the history and functionality of fortifications too, since I first encountered remains of that fortress as a kid - in fact I had grown up some 100 meters away from an old bastion, so this was very early my kind of playground and adventure place. What Indiana Jones did on the big screen I did (at least in some kind) in real live, searching submerged vaults and long abandoned corridors.

From 2007 to 2010 I managed and organized a yearly fortress fest ("Ulmer Festungs Fest") on which I showed and explained up to 500 visitors "my" fortress at only one weekend. But official Ulm didn't liked my commitment. Back in the 1980ies Ulm was one of the "headquarters" of the German peace movement and those kind of slags rule my city for about the last 25 years and they had no fun seeing me succesful communicate history in uniform and with a spiked helmet on my head. For them all military is evil, so they found a way to kick me out of the fort. All efforts I made since 2010 to get somehow back into the walls of our fortress failed, because those ex-hippies don't want me there.

And now is probably the time to end this chapter of living history and set sail to new shores. It's time to hang up the "Pickelhaub'" and quit the service for the king of Wurttemberg and become a pirate and do business on my own account ;)

If you are on facebook please visit my profil: https://www.facebook.com/christian.gollmar for hundrets of pictures of my past...

...and when on your way on facebook just visit my future: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Captain-Beer-Belly-Bellamy/678172755622010?fref=ts

Or you visit my old website: http://pionier-bataillon-13.de/

I am an educated joiner/cabinet maker, skilful in other crafts and well trained self-promoter, so I will do great on my new journey (hopefully) ;)

So if one of you ever get stranded on the shores of the Danube River just give me a call and the drinks are on me :D

Signature%20640px.jpg

Welcome to the Pub, good sir.. beer belly... Christian. Aye, I'll stick with Christian. Tis a good seafaring name. ;)

Quite the story ye have there. Never give up though. They have to surrender to truth, reality, & history sometime. It's better to have a person aware of the past then to walk blindly arrogant into the future.

Glad ye have made your mark to enjoy life as a freebooter. Plenty of info on here. By all means, have fun with it. :) And I feel yer pain about those dressing up as an excuse to drink.

Bring on the history! :D

~Lady B

Welcome Aboard BBB

Mr. Christian, I couldn't have given ye a better welcome than our Lady B did. ;)

Welcome and enjoy the voyage.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Thank you all for the welcome!

This afternoon I took the first picture of me in my preliminary wardrobe.

Somehow I has to start. I have already talked to my tailor, but the development and the making of a whole new wardrobe will cost it's time (and it's - more specifically - my money). So I will need a preliminary wardrobe.

Some I found in my general equipment and some was recently ordered. But getting a pirate the right outfit is quite a task, because I somehow lack a pirating gentlemen's outfitters in my neighborhood. So this has to do it till my tailor and I get along ;)

%27Beer%20Belly%27%20Bellamy-1b%20-%20klHauptmann%20Gollmar%20-%20klein.jpg

For comparison me in the Royal Wuerttembergian service last year in June!

Edited by 'Beer Belly' Bellamy

Signature%20640px.jpg

Ahoy -

Mr. Christian, that be a pretty fine start for an old Wuerttemberg picklehauber. ;)

Why ye look a bit like the old devil himself, Edward Teach .

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Ahoy seadogs.

My name is Madame Mayhem, mayhem is a long time alias I've used. But she had no character. In 2013, I joined a burner group called The Emerald Dawn, they make birthe at 'Tortuga', our pop up camp. Suddenly, i found myself researching, creating, and more. My character was born, I was given a tavern.

My interests were not satisfied, I went above and beyond. My goal is to eventually take some old land, and build a pirate themed town on it. Future ambitions. =]

I'm happy to be a part of the community. Thank you

Welcome Madame. Hahaha, never thought I'd actually be using that title beyond courtesy. ;)

Glad ye found the pub. And sounds like a wonderful grand ambition! I like the idea.

Aye, tis a good thing to be never satisfied and keep researching, creating and recreating, etc. :D

~Lady B

Aye thank you Mr. Hook! Maybe my provenance helps hereby. Outsiders say that being grumpy and frightening is a kind of a swabian cardinal virtue ;)

Mr. Christian -

I'm just the opposite... I seem to scare no one... including children. :rolleyes:

Jas. Hook

Undreaded Pirate of at Least Two and Seven-Eights Seas :huh:;)

Welcome Aboard Madame Mayhem -

What this Pub needs is another Tavern. :D

got wenches?

Jas. Hook

A welcome from me too!

My goal is to eventually take some old land, and build a pirate themed town on it. Future ambitions.

Funny, I was just about to start a thread about "how would a pirate vilage/town look like".

So keep your eyes open, it will start in a few moments ;)

(Edit!) Tataaa: https://pyracy.com/index.php/topic/19482-how-would-a-pirate-vilagetown-look-like/

Edited by 'Beer Belly' Bellamy

Signature%20640px.jpg

A welcome from me too!

My goal is to eventually take some old land, and build a pirate themed town on it. Future ambitions.

Funny, I was just about to start a thread about "how would a pirate vilage/town look like".

So keep your eyes open, it will start in a few moments ;)

(Edit!) Tataaa: https://pyracy.com/index.php/topic/19482-how-would-a-pirate-vilagetown-look-like/

Ah wonderful!

Herzlich Wilkommen, Mein Herr! And a warm welcome to Madame Mayhem! What country are you from, Madame?

I am glad that you, Beer Belly Bellamy, are a good representative of European pyracy! Warm greetings from the Danube... the river-maritime Danube and its surroundings! And, maybe, a dedication of a sea shanty by Hannes Wader...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWhYlEY03bc

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Herzlich Wilkommen, Mein Herr! And a warm welcome to Madame Mayhem! What country are you from, Madame?

I am glad that you, Beer Belly Bellamy, are a good representative of European pyracy! Warm greetings from the Danube... the river-maritime Danube and its surroundings! And, maybe, a dedication of a sea shanty by Hannes Wader...

Thank you very much! I'm from the Unitied states.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy everyone!

My name is Sarah from New Hampshire, and I'm a youtube animator-director-thingie aspiring to be a marine biologist and prove mermaids exist. Ever since I can remember I've loved everything about the ocean, but especially the legends of pirates sailing the seas. Currently, I'm working on an animated series (with the characters of the anime, "attack on titan") about a pirate and a mermaid, so I'll probably come on here a lot with many many questions regarding historical accuracy, and how a pirate (privateer to be exact) would behave in certain situations.

the history of real pirates is fascinating, but I can never find any good sources other than biographies on blackbeard, so I am so excited to learn more about what pirates really were like, and even more!

also, I solemnly swear there will be no plugging the series at all. The only good spamming is cannon fire at enemy ships ;D

Request permission to come aboard? Why? Because I looked over this rig and came away impressed with the passionate interest its make-up, a beauty to be sure, and hope worthy to join such a collection of knowledge of this pyracy group.

I'm new to the group, but been a rogue pirate all of my life, a survivor with grit, the type that slides through without detection, with the help of a good heart.

I've attended the Pirate Fest at Tybee Island, GA., and enjoyed the heck out of it.

Fondly, I refer to myself as a true river-rat, a professional at that. I love the colorful characters of river-rats. To me, they are the vibrating energies of modern day pirates! Some friends and clients just call me "Captain," Though I much prefer "Wild Bill" or simply "William."

With a deep interest in Capt. Thatch, I've been inhaling Kevin Duffus's book 'The Last Days of Black Beard the Pirate-Within Every Legend Lies a Grain of Truth'. The research and detail blows me away. I love it, though I'd love to challenge him on its mention of the Georgia Coast.