The Sack of St. Augustine: Robert Searles Raid of 1668

Captain William

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Msr.Bagley........Cabella's on line...indistructable black powder gun case.........delivered to your home or available for pick up at your nearest Cabella's store....it really is very nice.....it will accomodate the fishtale and the the queen anne......I am set Sir...!!! Yo Ho!

Yo Ho.......

Its getting closer and im getting excited as i hear more behind the seans events for the Raid on st Augustine this year , an xtra event in town friday night at the Tabernia D'gallo and the battle Saturday night and many other things camping at fountian of youth across the inlet where Robert Searles back in 1665 came into to raid the city

its going to be a great event this year if ye can try to make it , I see there is many o'l friends and new ones comming from all over the U.S . Hope to see Ye ,Willie Wobble

Edited by willie wobble

Well, I'd hoped to get down there to play tourist, but won't make it down there until April. But I'd like to talk to a couple of folks from the area, could use some advice. Ping me off list, please?

Hope the weekend is blessed by great weather and lots of visitors!

Willie

I arrived at JAX March the 1st around 2:15pm, another fellow reenactor will arrive a bit later and will give me lift to Saint-Augustine. Yes I'll be camping at the fountain of youth.

It was very expensive to fly back on the Sunday, so I decided to leave on Monday. Not sure yet where I will sleep Sunday nigth. If one of the locals have guest bedroom or even a couch and don't mind a French canadian intruder for the nigth I would be gratefull. If not I was thinking maybe trying the Pirate Haus inn.

I also need to find myself a ride to JAX on Monday morning, my plane take off at 9:46 am. If not I have seen there is a shuttle seervice available from Saint-Augustine to JAX.

Looking forward to meet you all!

Searle's 2012 Update, Attention! Attention! (Red text is new information)

For those who will be firing please be reminded that at the top of the hour FOY does a canon demo and we are asking you not to fire during this demo.

For those who will be joining us for the Friday night parade of arms down St George St., we have added something special for the evening.

After we finish our march and demonstration at the redoubt by the old city gates, Searle's Buccaneers will provide dinner at the Taberna del Gallo , located on St George St.

This is a period tavern with cold beer and good prices(they also have great Sangria!).

Bring your feast gear and mugs and join us for the festivities.

We will then return to camp at the Fountain of Youth to continue the jollification.

Rules regarding vehicles in the campsite.

Vehicles will be allowed in camp throughout the day on Thursday for setup. We ask that your vehicle be moved to the outer areas of the camping site by dark Thursday. If at all possible please have your vehicle moved to the parking lot as soon as you unload your gear.

On Friday vehicles will be let into the camping area for offloading purposes only. Your vehicle will then need to be moved to the proper parking area. The camp will be closed to vehicles on Friday night after the parade (9:00pm). This will ensure that all participants will have an authentic feel for the 17th century atmosphere that the Searle's Buccaneers officers and men are attempting to portray. There will be no vehicles allowed to park overnight in the camping area on Friday.

There will be no vehicles allowed on site form Friday 9:00pm until 6:00am Sunday morning. This means that if you arrive on Saturday, regardless of the time, your vehicle will not be allowed into the camp site. We can help you carry your equipment into camp via the walkway bridge located in the back parking lot of the Fountain of Youth (back by the condos). The gate to allow access to the site will be locked during the above mentioned times. Please see me if there is an emergency.

Those with the proper handicap identification will be allowed access to the site at all times. Please contact me (904-534-6168) if you have any questions about the above stated policies.

Again thank you for your understanding in these matters. The men of Searle's buccaneers wish that everyone has the most complete 17th century experience possible.

Edited by Sgt Johnson

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

Frizzens on two muskets re-hardenned and locks tuned (and two frizzens for a friend who can't make it, since I was at it), vehicle packed with all gear, clothes about to be packed, I think I am actually ready early this year! We're leaving Wednesday night now (originally we thought to leave early Thursday), so we should be rolling in late afternoon or early evening at the latest. Can't wait to see eveyone again!

What's best about the above, one of the muskets mentioned above, I have owned for two or three years now, and has never sparked well... And it is now sparking brilliantly! ..... with a dull flint even! :D

Michael_banner.jpg

Frizzens on two muskets re-hardenned and locks tuned (and two frizzens for a friend who can't make it, since I was at it), vehicle packed with all gear, clothes about to be packed, I think I am actually ready early this year! We're leaving Wednesday night now (originally we thought to leave early Thursday), so we should be rolling in late afternoon or early evening at the latest. Can't wait to see eveyone again!

What's best about the above, one of the muskets mentioned above, I have owned for two or three years now, and has never sparked well... And it is now sparking brilliantly! ..... with a dull flint even! :D

If you've forgotten your hair ribbon, we have some for you.

D.B. Couper

More - More - More ------ Butch & Cutter would like to Thank all of you for letting us play in your backyard again. Butch Loves to play with BIG sticks... :-)

Hope all made it home safely. Luv you all BIG!!!!

I had a blast!!! :-) Thank you all for your warm welcome and generosity. After being on the pub for 3 years now meeting some of you for the first time was like a celebration and Searle's raid is the perfect place to celebrate and have a good time. A special thank to all the organizers who obviously worked very hard, often being the first ones awake and on duty in the morning. Bravo et chapeau bas messieurs!

This was hands down the best event I've ever been to! Thanks again Jeff, William, and all the other organizers who made this happen, it was awesome! I'll definitely be back for Drake's and for Searle's again next year! Huzzah! :D

-Tattooed John

"Although your letter does not deserve a reply, since you call me a corsair,

I write you these few lines to ask you to come quickly.

We are waiting for you with great pleasure and we have powder and ball with which to receive you."

-Sir Henry Morgan