Recent travel experience with firearms.

Black Hearted Pearl

I just wanted to relate a recent experience my partner and I had traveling. We had travel to Louisana to do some shooting. We ended up staying longer than planned and were wearing the same clothes we had the day before, while shooting, to the airport.

In the past, we had traveled in our pirate garb, full of black powder residue from swabbing cannons, and never had an issue. We would stroll past the sniffer dogs and screeners with ease.

This time, because my partner had been shooting smoke-less powder, the TSA needed to swab him. They swabbed his hands and swabbed his phone which all came back positive for gun powder. When we explained why we had been in Louisana and confirmed my partner's identity and licenses, we were allowed to proceed.

So if you're thinking about taking a CCW course or other 'firearms' licensing course, it might be helpful for verifying your compliances to the laws regarding firearms and the our current government. Sadly, I think this has more to with our current government's attitude toward firearms than about the security of our nation.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Yep..The Governmental powers that be are doing thar damnedest to create new obstacle courses so we can play EYE SPY! LoL

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."