Things Overheard at FTPI/PiP 2011

Brig

I seriously don't remember.

Does the name Rebecca ring a bell? ? ?

No. Did I meet her somewhere?

mission_&_rebecca.jpg

(Stynky, this is your Christmas gift. You don't get nothin' else from me this year. Bastid.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I seriously don't remember.

Does the name Rebecca ring a bell? ? ?

No. Did I meet her somewhere?

mission_&_rebecca.jpg

(Stynky, this is your Christmas gift. You don't get nothin' else from me this year. Bastid.)

My Christmas gift?

I don't think so, this one is all yours and I must say you look extremely happy.

If I remember correctly a drink, maybe that apple pie stuff got spilled on one of your hands. . . to be honest I'm not sure.

Here, I'll switch it up and make you all guess.

1. "You DO have hairy arms!"

2. "It sounded like you popped a bone."

3. "She's the one that dresses up like Superman's tits."

With my 3 quotes, you have to guess who said them and what the hell they mean.

1) chicken in boxes

2) my hat smells like a wet sheep

3) my fingers are sticky

Alright so, my fingers are sticky has been rightfully claimed by Mission - anyone else, any other quotes? . . .

My Christmas gift?

I don't think so, this one is all yours and I must say you look extremely happy.

If I remember correctly a drink, maybe that apple pie stuff got spilled on one of your hands. . . to be honest I'm not sure.

Your Christmas gift. I wasn't sure I was even going to post this. Now you can blackmail me forever.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I also said "You DO have hairy arms." It was in reference to Joe, some guy I don't know.

Either that or I said it to Mae and Brig who told me they had hairy arms when I was sober enough not to make a comment. (Now everyone on the pub who meets them is going to try and sneak looks at their arms. Brig, you brought this upon yourself, girl.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

No, I do remember. His name starts with a Q and he used to play in a rock-and-roll band. Well, he used to hang around with people who used to play in a rock-and-roll band. I also remember who made the comment about his hat smelling like sheep, but the reason for the comment either wasn't funny enough or it wasn't told well, because that I don't remember.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Weren't you the one who made the Occupy comment, too, Edward? It seems to me that was said when we were returning to the fort after bringing Lily her food at the gate.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I have one, and I hate to admit the words came out of my mouth...

"Your unit is much nicer than mine"

Try to guess the context

(null)

Hmmmmmm...........curious about the definition of a unit???

It's probably not nearly as interesting as you might be thinking. My favorite Edward/Keith quote (that I can recall) was something along the lines of, "Of course I always bring the keys to the reactor to Key West."

In other news... Cannibal Chrispy does start with a Q, doesn't it?

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL! Mae...not that it matters. That leaves 2 & 3. I told you about 3, but I'm not sure if you were sober enough to remember.

Have we actually met?

I think we didn't meet on a beach that neither of us actually went to. Somehow. Several times, even.

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

LOL! Mae...not that it matters. That leaves 2 & 3. I told you about 3, but I'm not sure if you were sober enough to remember.

Have we actually met?

I think we didn't meet on a beach that neither of us actually went to. Somehow. Several times, even.

Actually I do remember you telling me. . . but the shock value of the statement overrides the memory of who it was being said about.

I happen to know that you don't know who said "chicken in boxes" or what it means because you told me so. (Although, as I told you when we were talking about that it reminds me of the chicken franchise in Bones (Season 5) called Buck Box. Buck Box! That still makes me laugh. (It was on Bones because they were finding human fingers in the chicken nuggets. I love Bones...)

Alright, so who said it and what the hell does it mean?

I happen to know that you don't know who said "chicken in boxes" or what it means because you told me so. (Although, as I told you when we were talking about that it reminds me of the chicken franchise in Bones (Season 5) called Buck Box. Buck Box! That still makes me laugh. (It was on Bones because they were finding human fingers in the chicken nuggets. I love Bones...)

Alright, so who said it and what the hell does it mean?

What do you get when you cross and elephant and a rhino?

(You left out "Buck Box." Buck Box! Hahahahahahaha!)

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Were the "chicken in boxes" related to the chickens kept in wooden mangers aboard ship that, in the event of a sinking would float giving Jack and a mate or two a life raft and the odd chance of being found by another vessel. That and the same keeping for pigs gives cause for the sailor's silly superstision of a tattoo of a pig on one foot and a pig on the other would keep them from a meeting of Davy Jones. In my personal case, I followed the custom of the sea and adorned my feet. After enduring the pain of the process someone brought to my attention that a man born for hanging would never drown! Alas, the deed done, should I find a similar remedy to the hangman's goal perhaps I'll cross the bar, get the last stich in me hammock and as me mortal remains return to the elements me soul will step to the pub in Fiddlers Green.

(You left out "Buck Box." Buck Box! Hahahahahahaha!)

I didn't leave it out - you mentioned it already.

And it keeps getting funnier... every time I see it!

Mission_banner5.JPG