2011 Results / Picture Thread

1stMate Matt

The title says it all. Lets see them! Post you pics and tell your stories for all that didnt get to make it this year and for those that were spread out and didnt catch everything.

Here is the group shot that I plundered from Pearl's facebook.

377016_288125014565247_100001032517620_846704_2127771542_n.jpg

I will start processing my pics tom and start posting them. I have quite a few good ones of the cannon crew at work and the mehem afterwards. Not to mention some priceless pics and video from Zach's Pub.

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

See if you can find Lob the monkey in the crew photo.

I have a few up at the Pirate Surgeon's Journal Facebook page. They're from the early part of the event, though. I need to sift through the mass of photos I took over the weekend and select some good ones.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I know you knew that! Now you went and gave it away! :P

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Ahoy all, I am posting a 5-part blog on this years events at PIP and FTPI.

Here is part 1

Normally I would be scared, but this year I think I played it safe around you! I think...

I didn't see any mention of you and your hot legs that you were showing off in that new mini skirt you bought just to eat with me at Duffy's.

thatworks.shop

I am uploading a ton to my facebook, but I will post some of my favorites as I go. Mind you, these are just the ones I took off of my small camera. The ones I took off of the large camera belong to Pirates Magazine untill they choose which to print, then I can share those too.

376273_2810195773481_1216323787_3252570_2120735534_n.jpg

378969_2776739337091_1216323787_3241214_1103181933_n.jpg

389554_2804635954489_1216323787_3251071_516575731_n.jpg

381798_2804639954589_1216323787_3251082_1791901582_n.jpg

378077_2810198013537_1216323787_3252576_959292701_n.jpg

thatworks.shop

All right, I finally finished sifting through all my photos and posting whatever is going to be posted (outside of the Surgeon's Journal which will be done some day). Below are the links to the actual photo albums. I put the photos in separate albums because... well, I really don't know why. I started out posting them day-by-day, but that became too much work so I stopped. Whatever the reason, it sure makes it a pain in the neck to find stuff.

PiP 11, November 30th

PiP 11, December 1st

FTPI 11, December 2nd

FTPI 11, December 3rd

FTPI 11, December 4th, Day

FTPI 11, December 4th, Evening

Mission_banner5.JPG

Eye enjoyed that vid throughout! Well done!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Diosa! Huzzah to ye lass. Betwixt you and Mission it's almost like being there....nah, not really. Nothing can replace sore feet, smoky clothes, rhum voice, powder stained hands, clay pipes, fireside cooking, the smell of black powder in the morning, afternoon and evening. Wenches and their ahhh...assets. Pistol cleaning and cartridge rolling parties. Lob. The sound and feel of canon rounds. Tents turning green, rain, heat and cold. Mugging with the people who come to see, to listen, to learn and to just hang out with us. Us. We who would do this just for each other get to share this with the uninitiated and see the inner child awaken in them, the same one we see in each other, in ourselves.

Gotsta get back...oh, ah...I mean, Verily I must return forthwith...Thanks for the blog!

Edited by Captain Jim

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

• 2 weeks later...

Embarrassed. I found the box of DMC goodies that were supposed to be sent before the event, still hiding in my workshop. My appologies. I had another unplanned visit to the infirmary and things got pretty upset around here again. I suppose I could send them in advance for next year though.

Bo