Dominican Republic

Jib

I stayed at the Occidental Flamingo Resort in Punta Cana and had a great time. A day tour of Santo Domingo is a must. A tour of Fun Fun Cave is a great experience but it is on the rough side. You'll be waist deep in water in some places and crawling on your hands and knees in others.

I am off to the Bahamas for a cruise with carnival November 27th 2011, Ports i will go to; Freeport and Nassua any suggestions, for Pyracy gear/cool Pyrate goods? I understand there is a Pyrate Museum in Nassua , Is it worth checkin out? Looking for other pirate stuff in these ports, anyone know of anything related to pyracy? antique shops?

Edited by PLUNDERING PYLOS PARKER

The pirate museum in Nassau is a lot of fun but I doubt a pirate enthusiast would learn anything new. The bar attached to it looked really neat but I didn't drink there. I found the gift shop attached to the museum disappointing because most of the stuff could easily be found anywhere, in fact I find it difficult to find anything piratey in the Caribbean beyond the usual touristy items.

yes agreed with that statment in alot of other ports i have been to. Grand Caymen has a really fun and intresting sea turtle farm, lots of history within pyracy there. their pirate faire isnt very primitive more like Tampa Bays Gasprilla Parade.

Haiti has old ruins but no different when it comes to pirate stuff. Jamiaca same some old ruins, but port royal lays under water and most of the old buildings are crumbled.

Cozumel has some old mayan ruins but hardly any pirate stuff either. Balize was intresting alot of african descent there didnt expect to see that there, very proud people , there was a naval museum there but not so much pyracy i expected to see. Looks like a jungle.

Isle of Roatan has alot of pyracy history with the mohagany (Green Gold) wood used to transport to england for fine furniture, but as a whole i figured with all the history in the caribbean there would be so much more to offer in the piratical history of pirates.

Its hard to find antique shops in the caribbean as well.

i do enjoy visiting these pirate waters to maybe just see what they may have felt -although its a diffrent world now, but to step foot on land that alot of them did , makes one feel closer to pyracy!

Edited by PLUNDERING PYLOS PARKER

I did not consider malaria as a threat. I donate blood on a regular basis and was not allowed to donate for 6 months after my trip to Thailand. I guess I will have to stop donating after a trip to the DR for malaria.

I did not consider malaria as a threat. I donate blood on a regular basis and was not allowed to donate for 6 months after my trip to Thailand. I guess I will have to stop donating after a trip to the DR for malaria.

You could always market small bottles of it in the Forum's Thieves Market section with a personalized label. You know, for folks like us who can't afford a trip to the tropics... but who would enjoy owning a replica sample of a period disease.

• 3 months later...