Video from the "Grand Boucan" 2011, 1st pirate fest in Montrea

What a challenge to find info about this event! It takes place in Montreal in mid-June. Well, it did last year. I couldn't find any info for the event for next year.

The website is all in French (being in Montreal and all), but here is a babelfish translated version of the first page. (Hey, that's kind of neat - you can click on the links in that translated version and babelfish converts the link pages too.)

From what movie did they steal the music they used in that video?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hi Mission, yes even last year it was quite a challenge to get information regarding this event and I know personnally all the organizers! It was a last mminute thing that was announced I think in April and took place in June. I'm really impress with what they accomplish in such a small preparation time. The organization behind it have years of experience in historical theme festival so that probably explain their success. The weather was good which is crucial when starting a new event so the good news is that there will be a second one in 2012, probably again the 3rd weekend of June, but nothing is official yet.

As you can see in the video the festival is very familly-kid oriented, but also leaves room for more historical aspect of pirate life.

If all goes to plan, I will try to setup a boucanier camp for the weekend.

I'll try to update information regarding the 2012 edition as soon as I get some

Oh and no idea on the origin of the music used in the video...I'll ask

Edited by Cuisto Mako