PiP Volunteers - Truman Waterfront

sirhenrymorgan

Ahoy all! Hurricane here on my alternate account...

Pirates in Paradise is just around the corner. If you'd like to save some money on admission this year, we have lots of volunteer opportunities during the whole week.

As a volunteer, you get the following perks, based on the time you volunteer:

ALL FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS WHO DONATE 4 HOURS WILL RECEIVE: Festival Day Pass, Pip Festival T-shirt & Shift Drink

FESTIVAL VOLUNTEERS WHO DONATE 12 OR MORE HOURS WILL RECEIVE: $20 PIP VIP 11 DAY FESTIVAL PASS (offers FREE Festival gate admission daily), Pip Festival T-shirt & Shift Drink, FREE Tall Ship Sail AND discounts on Feast Tickets!

Volunteer opportunities abound, from working the grounds as a pirate performer, performing on-stage, or just helping out with all the festival needs, which are many since we've doubled the size of it.

It's a great way to save some money if you're in town for the festival or getting in town early for the invasion at the fort and want to get in some additional pirating time. And as a 12 Hour level volunteer you not only get the 11 day pass, but a tall ship sail, too. Not a bad deal for having fun all day long with your pirating friends.

If you're in the Tryal of Anne and Mary. scheduled to perform on stage or vending, you already have a VIP pass for the entire festival so no need to fill out this form.

Others can fill it out here at: http://www.piratesinparadise.com/volunteerform.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions and we'll see you in a couple weeks.

-- Hurricane

"Land only holds promise if men at sea have the courage to fight for it."

- Sir Henry

Wait... You're charging admission to re-enactors just to get into the PiP area? How much is that?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hey Mission,

Yes there is a general admission to everyone this year at Pirates in Paradise. It's $5 a day or $20 for a VIP pass for all 11 days. The fee is necessary to cover the cost of all the expanded entertainment, security, power, permits, marketing, etc. Children are free, of course.

Pirates who volunteer by filling out the form and doing their shift for four hours get a one day pass. If they volunteer for 12 hours over the 11 days, they get in free to all the daytime and evening events as well as access to the VIP-only sections of the event. This includes the Bad Ass Pirate and Most Buxom Wench contest, the Walk the Plank Championships, Tall Tales Competition, play performances, etc.

So, for those that are planning to attend anyway, doing a volunteer stint is a good way to go since it saves the cost of admission.

Hurricane

"Land only holds promise if men at sea have the courage to fight for it."

- Sir Henry