Secret Gift Exchange 2011

Duchess

Quartermaster James sent me some really great gifts – I can only imagine by accident!

But I got a finely crafted seasonal card, along with a huge hinged lid tankard, a large container of the Quartermaster’s Reserve Hot Buttered Rhum Batter - made from the finest imported sugars, exotic spices and clarified dairy butter. And though I don’t make a habit of smoking, he also sent me some wonderfully aromatic Virginia Flake tobacco that’s begging me to start.

Quartermaster James, you’ve put me gift giving skills to shame - Thank you.

. . . I intend to post pictures

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahoy all, I sent my gifts out and they were supposed to be delivered by the 16th of Dec. to the recipient. I recieved mine in good order on the 22nd. I recieved a fine hand forged keychain and a very nice print of a Dutch blacksmith advertisement on laid linen paper. Well done Santa! Thank you and best wishes for a proserous new year. Didn't recognize the name of the sender, don't know who it could be but I really appreciate the hand-made items as treasures they are!

Bo (I'm using the library computer)

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

I will confess up front that I am a little late in sending my gift out. I hope my recipient will forgive the delay. It will be going out this weekend for delivery by mid next week (still in time for Orthodox Christmas or 12th night).

I'm not sure if I received my gift or not... I received a rather beautiful and suspicious mug that came from Key West... but I still can't figure out if that is one of the typical pranks that arise from the Fort Taylor festival, orb a rather generous present.

Michael_banner.jpg

Well one person whose gifts arrived very much on time (actually back in November) was POD. As with all of his work I got some really awesome stuff most notably a cast pipe tamp and some tobacco papers ( I was secretly considering ordering these) All I can say Mr. Morrisroe is thank you very much. Yours was the first under our tree and I was able to restrain myself until yesterday to open it. Thanks again!

Yours & co

Mr. Ohlandt

You are very welcome Mr. Ohlandt

Not recieved my package yet but our postal service is always screwed up around xmas so didnt realy expect it until sometime in January.

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

. . . I'm not sure if I received my gift or not... I received a rather beautiful and suspicious mug that came from Key West... but I still can't figure out if that is one of the typical pranks that arise from the Fort Taylor festival, orb a rather generous present.

It's sort of both, but not not so much of a prank.

The really odd thing was when Mission came out with the mug you'd been using at the event and said that you had left it for me. . . and that was on the day we went out to ship your mug.

. . .Stynky - that tankard's for drinkin' from, not for shootin up, mind ye!. . .

Oh, thanks for letting me know - I'll take 'er out of the line up. ;)

Ahoy- a lovely packet washed up upon me shores a couple o' days ago- and it contained the most wonderful trinkets! Fine hair beads, loose doubloons and coins, a cockade fer me hat- and even a brand new bosun whistle! A quill, a medal- which will add mightily to the story of Gunpowder Gertie and the governor's stolen carriage - and some other fine booty that will be loved and treasured! Thankee Lady B!

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Ye be welcome, Gertie. :) Enjoy to th' fullest!

I did receive m' Christmas booty well in advance of Christmas. And unlike tradition where I open it up on Christmas day, I opened it up right then and there. I got a few Pirates constructable cards and a grand necklace what looks like made of brass. Thank ye! I like! Though, darn near lost my pirate cards to my niece, she thought about commandering them. Hahaha, I had to hide the fleet. ;)

ROTDLMAO!!! OMG... QM James! I darn near choked to death from laughter over that comment!!! Drinkin' from, not shootin' up. LOL Good one!

BTW, looking forward to 2012 Christmas Exchange now!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I am still worried how my gifts hadn;t arrived yet to Wes. I shipped the envelope on 23-rd of November... and the others with whom I sent it had received it around Saint Nicholas (but in Europe, not in USA).

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Indeed. We sent out some packages in early December. Most arrived in a timely manner. One was sent Media Mail that took three weeks for delivery within the U.S. (Normal speed about 6-8 business days.) Another one, sent regular airmail ("First Class International") from the U.S down to Australia took almost a whole month as opposed to the usual 8-10 business days.

Aye. Ditto. And folks were starting to not believe me a couple years ago when mail was going screwy. Aye, I have had some bad experiences with all the shipping mediums.

Hope th' gifts arrive at their destinations soon.

~Lady B

Well, I think we're down to the last couple of unreceived gifts and wrapping up (ha!) this round of the Secret Gift Exchange! I will continue to follow up with those folks until we get everything straightened out and everyone has a present. :D

Now would be a perfect time to reveal yourself, if you haven't already, and do make sure to thank your gifter!

A couple of other things:

1. It would be good to delete any messages with addresses in them, so that we don't have that information hanging out in limbo land. I'll do the same when everything comes to a close.

2. I'd also like to hear what you thought of the early start date and how things went this year. Feedback is always welcome!

Early start is good. Generally, as we can tell, it's the postal and shipping services that seem to be the area of concern most. ;)

~Lady B