Salem Pioneer Village-Pirate Day

Graye Fox

Salem Pioneer Vilage-1630 in Salem Massachusetts will be hosting their annual Pirate Day on October 22, 2011 from 10am to 4pm. Admission is $10.

This will be my own first time attending this event and I will be demonstrating my leather craft.This historical village is a recreation of Salem's founding in 1630 (kinda like a mini version of Plimoth Plantation) and is the oldest and first living history community in America (built in the 1930's). Salem is of course famous as the Witch City and the city's annual Halloween festivities will be in full swing. Salem also has an enormous pirate and privateer history with many nice little museums (gotta go see the New England Pirate Museum: www.piratemuseum.com).

Shameless plug for one of my favorite places.

Graye Fox

MinuteMan Armoury

www.freewebs.com/mmarmoury

Salem Pioneer Vilage-1630 in Salem Massachusetts will be hosting their annual Pirate Day on October 22, 2011 from 10am to 4pm. Admission is $10.

This will be my own first time attending this event and I will be demonstrating my leather craft.This historical village is a recreation of Salem's founding in 1630 (kinda like a mini version of Plimoth Plantation) and is the oldest and first living history community in America (built in the 1930's). Salem is of course famous as the Witch City and the city's annual Halloween festivities will be in full swing. Salem also has an enormous pirate and privateer history with many nice little museums (gotta go see the New England Pirate Museum: www.piratemuseum.com).

Shameless plug for one of my favorite places.

Graye Fox

MinuteMan Armoury

www.freewebs.com/mmarmoury

Wow, I'm amazed this place is still in existance !!!! ( Assuming it's the same place I remember visiting as a kid back in the 1950's ) It was pretty crude and unimpressive back then, as I remember. Nice to hear they are still operational.

>>>>> Cascabel

I've been there several times over the past decade or so. It was closed for a while back about 5 years ago or so, but it was taken over by a local college and has been open since. I was there about a month ago while they were cleaning up after the hurricane, the place looks in great shape, they're on a full schedule this year. The staff looks well dressed and authentic to 1630's. I am looking forward to this event, with all the halloween mess happening downtown it looks like this will be well attended and fun.