Going Baroque

Greetings and solicitations,

We've been lurking around the site for about a year and thought we'd take the plunge and sign on. We really enjoy reading some of the anecdotes here and the idea of sharing related information with kindred spirits seems worthwhile. Kudos to the site's hosts and you veterans out there who've taken the time and energy to help enlighten the rest of us, (the unwashed masses) on GAOP reenacting and related topics.

Briefly, a bit about ourselves. We're a small family residing in southern California. Our interests are eclectic and the adults of the household thought it would be beneficial if the spawn got some 3-D exposure to life in other time periods outside of our immediate one. Consequently, we've contacted like-minded personalities/groups in the local area for diversion and education.

Eric & Family

aka LandlubbersAnonymous

Edited by landlubbersanonymous

as long as people don't post pictures of them in their throngs :lol:

And in unwashed throngs at that. :blink::o:D

Welcome aboard, Eric and the LandlubbersAnonymous.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Jas. Hook ;)

Thanks very much.

(I'll make sure this gets passed along to our washer woman.)

Incidentally, we're still in the early stages of getting our kit together and I anticipate an uphill battle with the whole garb business. For example, I found what I thought was a nice period throng at the local thrift store a couple weeks ago but when I got it home, the missus seemed appalled by the bloody thing. Why are women so fickle?

Welcome aboard, you should be able to find all the refferences you and your family need for developing a look. I started a topic to ask opinions on what type of hat I should get for a 16660s onward persona, and got an excelent group of responses. There's also already a garb standards topic for period reinacters.

they can be found here https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=11440&hl=&fromsearch=1 and here https://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=17832&hl=&fromsearch=1

Let every man Know freedom, Kings be damned,

And let the Devil sort out the mess afterwards.

Welcome aboard, you should be able to find all the refferences you and your family need for developing a look. I started a topic to ask opinions on what type of hat I should get for a 16660s onward persona, and got an excelent group of responses. There's also already a garb standards topic for period reinacters.

they can be found here https://pyracy.com/in...l=&fromsearch=1 and here https://pyracy.com/in...l=&fromsearch=1

Thank you Commodore. And thank you for the links. We shall "endeavor to persevere."

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the melee. Glad ye stumbled upon Piracy, a good hobby :: clears throat:: And right glad ye found th' Pub. Again, welcome. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Thanks Lady & Capn

"Ah, he, Jim... you're the spitting image of me when I was your age. Head full of pirates, hehe. But he'll find, same as I, that the sea be mostly hard work, and the bigger satisfaction a man gets is doing his duty."

- Robert Newton/Long John Silver, Treasure Island (1950)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ah, there be many what would give a treasure fleet to know the answer to the fickleness question. It be as mysterious as why women go to restroom in company. Anyway, ye be welcome here...

Did ye bring any rum?

Jas. Hook ;)

Thanks very much.

(I'll make sure this gets passed along to our washer woman.)

Incidentally, we're still in the early stages of getting our kit together and I anticipate an uphill battle with the whole garb business. For example, I found what I thought was a nice period throng at the local thrift store a couple weeks ago but when I got it home, the missus seemed appalled by the bloody thing. Why are women so fickle?

Damn, thats sharp!

• 4 weeks later...

most I've had is meed unfortunatly (being only 19) <_< Waiting for my 21st to crack open a bottle of Bacardi... never been opened... when I hit 21... the rum hits 25, and we all hit the rum. :D

Commodore -

Aged rum gets just old and funky and the bottle just gits dusty an full o' cobwebs... it would be best ta' shares it 'round with ye mateys at the piracy pub now.

Get a fresh bottle whens ye becomes o' age. ;)^_^

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Commodore -

Aged rum gets just old and funky and the bottle just gits dusty an full o' cobwebs... it would be best ta' shares it 'round with ye mateys at the piracy pub now. Get a fresh bottle whens ye becomes o' age. ;)^_^

Jas. Hook ;)

Of course this is meant in good fun Commodore. (Read "For entertainment purposes only.")

We'd never openly encourage the delinquency of a minor on the forum would we Mister Hook? :ph34r: