Drum Strap

shadoes

So a few months back I started playing drum with the band. Was using literally just a strap off an old laptop bag. Then I mocked up a quick strap rig with plain undyed leather, held together with rivets, non adjustable. Just to see if my design concept would work. It worked out fairly well. Then just before this latest run started I put together version one of my final rig about three weeks ago.

DrumRig.jpg

its held to the drum with two straps. One just wraps around the base and the second wraps just below the head and under the tuning ropes. Here is a shot of the rig in action so to speak. You can see the lower strap.

DrumRigStage.jpg

Last night I tweaked the rig again by redoing the hold straps in heavier leather and chicago screws so it can still be removed but will be much more solid on the drum. I have the pieces cut for a new should strap but that can wait :) the current one is still functional. the big buckle is off an old baldric I had. The strap attaches to the holding straps via brass buckles giving me quite a bit of adjustability for length depending on if I have my coat/cloak/doublet/ or what have you on that day :)

Funny thing is the strap rig weighs far more than the drum itself :) the drum is a synthetic shell so is rather light haha

Cheeks

Edited by shadoes