Leather jack bottels and cartridge pouches

Graye Fox

I have been making cartridge pouches and other leather goods for more than ten years, and I have a travelling demonstrator setup for events. I demonstrate 18th century construction techniques of making cartridge pouches using period correct tools.

Last year I introduced leather jackware "bottels" after a long period of research and experimentation. They have been a smashing success, my best items. While I started in the colonial frontier and militia realm I am expanding into the Pirate field, I am interested in comments on ideas and potential new products.

So take a look at my website and products and tell me what you think:

www.freewebs.com/mmarmoury

I plan on being at the Pirate Day at Salem Pioneer Village in October.

Dave H

MinuteMan Armoury

Graye Fox Leatherworks

It's nice that you put a warranty on your leather bottels.

Ooh. I like your antique brace drill. Where'd you get that? (I have been looking for a brace trepan for over a year.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

welcome aboard, just looked at your site. your work looks excellent. you might use the search feature on the pub and check out the different cartridge pouches/boxes that where being made in the past, the replica of the ship "whydah" cartridge pouch was a hot item for a while. i don't think anyone is making it now.

It's nice that you put a warranty on your leather bottels.

Ooh. I like your antique brace drill. Where'd you get that? (I have been looking for a brace trepan for over a year.)

If you mean the wooden one, I made it. I could not find one in an antique shop that was mid-18th century, so with some research data and quite a lot of photos of originals I made a copy out of a solid plank of white oak. The spoon bit in it by the way is an antique from the 18th century.