Just purchased a Pedersoli Queen Anne

On Stranger Tides

i just use a short piece of dowel rod nothing fancy and shoot 2F, don't use 3F for the main load. it is primer powder and has a lot of punch. i use 3F only for priming the cannon vent. you could use 3F in the flash pan on the queen anne but then you then need another powder device to keep track of, 2F will prime also.

I wrote an in-depth 3 part series of articles for No Quarter Given magazine a few years ago, that tells you everything you need to know about the use and care of flintlocks. I have reprints available if you are interested. PM me if you want a copy.

>>>> Cascabel

i think there are several posts here on the pub of people working with kits. use the search function and read all you find. there can be some tricks to the kits, if i remember correctly. other then that i can't help you. i bought mine from loyalist arms and all you have to do is screw in the lock and she ready to rock. good luck mate!!!

I shoot 2 F in my bess and blunderbuss, and I use 3 F in my rifle. 4 F I use occasionally for priming, but if your lock is tuned and flint is good, you really dont need it. 4 F is ONLY FOR PRIMING!!! I may have an extra ramrod tip in the basement if you want it.....PM me and I'll look...

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

if yer just shootin powder and not round ball-it really doesnt matter what grainage of powder down the barrel-although 3 and 4 f are usally for priming the pan, and generally 2f is for the onside of the barrel, the higher the number of f's the finer the powder is.the finer the powder the quiker the load ignites. but they all light fast. cannon powder or 1F grains of powder are much bigger than 4f.

Okay nguys I don't know where you got the idea that 3F was a priming powder it is not it is for small bore guns ie queen anne. also it burns considerably cleaner than 2f which is musket powder and with blanks is very dirty. I have been shooting live fire and blanks and hunting with black powder for 31 years. Heres the kicker othe than 1F you can use whatever powder you want for your blanks. I use 3F beacuse you don't need a seperate primer, but most places want you to prime after loading which would require a priming horn of some kind. Muskets will use either 2 or 3 f powder and work equally well just shoot what you practice with.

Okay nguys I don't know where you got the idea that 3F was a priming powder it is not it is for small bore guns ie queen anne. also it burns considerably cleaner than 2f which is musket powder and with blanks is very dirty. I have been shooting live fire and blanks and hunting with black powder for 31 years. Heres the kicker othe than 1F you can use whatever powder you want for your blanks. I use 3F beacuse you don't need a seperate primer, but most places want you to prime after loading which would require a priming horn of some kind. Muskets will use either 2 or 3 f powder and work equally well just shoot what you practice with.

checked my pedersoli manual. you are correct it does say you can fire 3F "revolvers, pistols and rifles up to 45 caliber. .45 caliber and larger caliber riflers 2F." i started with a blunderbuss and went on using the same powder in both, till i got the cannon and the 2F would not take fire readly from the slow match, so i bought 3F to prime it with and it is a big difference. thanks for the info.