Burning Man.......

I haven't posted much in the Pub lately (well I do check in almost daily, just to see what's going on......)... But that is because I've been getting ready to go to Burning Man again this year.....

This will be my fourth burn. I've posted about going to Burning Man before in Airship Pyrates, but this year I won't be going Steampunk, so it dosen't fit there anymore. This year Martie (some of you may remember her at PiP last year) and I are making a Barbaric Splendor Camp.... (kind of a mix of Celtic, Sythain and Mongolain with a bit of Conanish stuff tossed in for color....total fantacy, but it looks cool...)

20 Days.....and I still have a buncha stuff to finish.... have to sew in the new tent floor, finish my trike....I'm waiting for a horse tail to attach to the top of the helmet I welded together (still have a lot to learn about welding tho.... ) and print a buncha little flags with the rubber stamp that I made.... Oh yeah, and take a lot of pictures showing wot I've/we've already made.....(hopefully I should be able to post some photos by this weekend)

Then it's off to Black Rock City for a week of dust and fun (and even more pictures.... Martie likes taking Pictures, so there will be lots of them to post afterwards...)

Gosh Patrick! Eye am glad to see ye still kickin!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

MEE TWO!!! I'd offer to help ya with that MIG stuff but it's a bit far. My horses are still using their tails so I don't reckon I'd better offer one up or Blondie would have MY scalp!!! :blink:

Take lotsa water!

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Sorry about no pictures yet..... I'm kinda running behind on finishing some of the stuff...

I got the horse tail, but the rawhide on it is really thick, and I have to soak it longer than I thought before I can finish the helmet...

I was going to take a picture of Martie's bike, but the el-wire just arrived, and I want to get it inplace , Then take a picture of it....

I re-made the stamp, so it works... so maybe a picture of that, and the embrodery on the back of the Mongolian style jacket....

Martie and I went down to Modesto food shopping on Saturday, so other than 12 more gallons of water and a few small things we have everything. And piles of stuff stacked in any empty space in my appartment......

13 days..... yikes!

OK.... I finaly took a few pictures.....

This is Martie's trike that I finaly got around to fixing.....

BMMartiestrike.jpg

I got the horse tail, and almost finished the helmet..... I want to add a face or something to the front end of the horse tail just to finish it off....

BMHelmet.jpg

And the embrodery on the back of my psudo-Mongolian coat...

BMembrodery.jpg

Eye would love a pick of you riding the trike with the embroidered jacket and Helmet on!

You Rock Patrick! Eye have always enjoyed your creativity!

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

• 3 weeks later...

OK time fer a few pictures......

This is the line getting into Black Rock City.....

BurningMan2011-1.jpg

This is Martie rolling in the dust (she's not a virgin anymore.......

:P )

BurningMan2011-2.jpg

this is our camp....

BurningMan2011-3.jpg

The Trogan Horse .... It was over 4 stories tall, and they burned it friday night.....

BurningMan2011-5.jpg

The Temple starting to burn, Sunday night...

BurningMan2011-8.jpg

And the Temple burning really HOT.....Dang, we were back about 100 feet, and I had to shield my face, it was burning so hot....

BurningMan2011-9.jpg

These pictures were taken with Martie's camera, but the battery died on Friday, so we used disposable cameras on Saturday.(the guy inna RV across the street recharged it for her, so we got some pictures of the Temple Burn on Sunday)...I will post Saturday's pictures when we get them developed.