The New Colors

Mission

I was playing around with the skin editor...without permission or anything... and I accidentally changed the forum colors to the skin I created. I can't quite figure out how to change it back, but I sort of like the new one. (But then, I would.) Anyhow, I don't know if Stynky will keep it or not, but it was sort of fun to play with. ;) (As you may have noticed, I am a fan of the old colors - the browns we had before we upgraded the first time. I did hate that dark colored woody background we used to have, but the browns are piratey IMO. Blue is Facebooky.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Apparently I am the only one who can see it. Too bad for you all. It's bee-yoo-tiful.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Aha! I have figured out how to make you all see it! Let the kvetching commence! :lol:

Mission_banner5.JPG

Brown seems very piratey to me. I use it extensively on my pirate surgeon page as well.

About some years ago (I lost track of how many), the forum used to be mostly brown with a hideous plank-like background that made it damned near impossible to read certain things. This is sort of like that without the hideous plank. Since no one seems to care, I call it good. :D

Mission_banner5.JPG

You should have said, "We are amused (but slightly)."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I LIKE the new colors. I was never a fan of the blue...nothing piraty about it. Now, if someone could just put in some pyraty icons, instead of those generic quote marks, for each forum, that would be perfect. 'Cause visually, compared to some other sites, the Pub is pretty tame. It needs to look tougher and rougher. B)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Ok, I've really tried to get used to the new look. I Hate it. I really like to old Pub look. It was more warm and friendly and looked like a pub. I've been in some dives in my lifetime, but this looks too sterile. It has no soul or character to it. I really commend the person(s) who worked on it but it just doesn't do it for me.

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!