The Dog Ate My Homework. . . I mean Avatar

Stynky Tudor

In the ( old ) scheme of things, we use to be able to have a profile picture, that displayed in profile and a user avatar image that displayed when making posts.

The recent software upgrade seems to have broken this - and I'm sorry to say I don't see an easy fix.

In any case - it appears our user avatars and profile pictures are one in the same now.

Ok, for those playing at home, you can 'fix' your posting avatar (the photo that appears on your posts) by changing it in your profile. To do that, just mouse over your old avatar and a 'Change' bar will appear. Click on that and just upload a new photo. If you want to continue to use your old avatar just upload it again and it should be fixed.

Below is a detailed explanation of what I believe has happened, although you don't need to read it if all you want to do is fix your avatar.

The system appears to have taken your old profile photo (the one that USED to appear when you looked at someone's profile) and used that as your avatar. Except now mine is completely gone, so I imagine yours is as well. If this is the case, all that will appear on your posts was the word 'Photo.' Your old avatar (which used to appear on your posts) now appears as the photo in your profile instead of the posting photo. I'm guessing the posting photo is now MIA. Although your avatar appears in your profile it ISN'T linked to your posts. If you want your avatar to appear on your posts, you have to change it. You can even change it to the same avatar as is in there now. Changing the photo seems to fix the link

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

A hint for those trying to make your miniature avatar look like the original picture:

Crop the original photo so that it is square. Otherwise it get distorted when it is shrunk.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 4 weeks later...