Ahoy, mates!

I know it's been long and long since I've visited this shore, but a few folks have found me on some o' them other social networking sites, reminded me of all the fine folks hereabouts, so I thought I'd swing back through and re-affirm some old friendships and hopefully make a few new ones.

So, apart from the pirating, I'm still cowboying a bit (at least, for a bit longer, unless we get some rain) and working some gas wells. But, that's the "real" jobs. I'm just finished up with what pyrate gigs I've had for the summer, looks quiet on that front 'til the Fall, at least.

At any rate, I'm looking forward to trying to get back into the swing of things here around the old Pub -- I have missed it, and those who abide here!

*Grins* Indeed welcome back...How's the deer do they still come in and visit. And Im praying for rain..Austin is beyond parched, went to our favorite creek and it was bone dry. It's almost scary that there is no rain.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

In last evening's feeding, there were five deer -- Calamity, who was the only one to actually come into the yard while I was still out there, two other does and two fauns, including Calamity's latest. Talk about a deer with the best of both worlds -- when she wants a handout, she's tame. When she doesn't, she's wild! :-)

And not a drop of rain here in quite some time. Just hauled about a quarter of our cattle to the sale today, more to follow next week. We're going to cull down to about a quarter of what we had and hope we can find enough to keep 'em fed...