Facebook PiP Updates

hurricane

Since it's been getting more difficult to post everywhere as things rapidly change, you may want to join the Pirates in Paradise group over on Facebook. I know some of you area already there, but that's where the committee is posting all the latest information and answering questions.

Here's the URL: http://www.facebook.com/groups/piratesinparadise?ap=1

Note, this is only about Pirates in Paradise, not the Fort Taylor event. I don't want to confuse anyone as to what's being updated on this Facebook group. It only has to do with events in town, accommodations, the contests and what's going on at the Truman Annex site during the 11 days of the festival.

See ya there!

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hurricane, do you know if there is a similar group for the Fort Taylor Invasion?

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

I'm not aware of one. I suspect they're still trying to work details out with the fort. That seems to take time. The person I'd ask would be Lily Alexander. You could also ask Fayma, but she's not on line that much.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I dare say it's going to be a banner year all around for these events. Anxious to see what's going on at the fort this year, too.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

• 7 months later...

Just saw on Facebook that the PIP portion of this years (2012) Key West pirate festival is being canceled. Does anybody know of this will have any effect on the FTPI?

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Just saw on Facebook that the PIP portion of this years (2012) Key West pirate festival is being canceled. Does anybody know of this will have any effect on the FTPI?

We are sad to learn of PIP's hiatus this year. However, plans for the Fort Taylor Pyrate Invasion are still in the works. The dates for this year are Nov 30 - Dec 2.

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

That's definitely good news knowing that the Fort Taylor Pirate Invasion, pirate encampment, and battles at the fort are still going on as planned!

Sorry to hear that some of the other festival stuff won't be around this year though.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Mistress Alexander would seem to have things well in hand and is looking out for us wayward pyrates, providin' for us a safe harbor yet again. Thank'e, Mistress, and all your co-conspirators too.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...