Pyrate Trading Cards, the VI

Pew

It's been awhile.

We're looking to start a sixth round of Pyrate Trading Cards.

"Wot's that?" you call from atop the mainmast.

A small simple sharing of artistic endeavors. And by small, we mean 'business card' size.

Info:

Artist Trading Cards or ATCs, are small works of art traded among artists. The challenge is to be as creative as possible on a small scale.

I'm calling the ones we will do PTCs = Pyrate Trading Cards. The artwork will be the same as the journals—anything goes. The BIG difference between the PTCs and the journals, is that there will be no waiting months and months for a book to come back. PTCs are a one-shot deal.

Here is how it will work, if the max of ten people sign on.

1. Each person makes ten cards, one for each player plus themselves — they can all be the same design, or all different.

2. You mail all the cards to whomever is in charge. Include a SASE for return delivery. As the cards come in, they will divide them among each of the envelopes/players.

3. When all the cards are in to the wrangler (a deadline will be set), and divided up, they will then mail them out to all the players.

4. Each artist then receives a packet containing one PTC from each player, for a total of ten.

5. Please enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope for the safe return of your new set of cards.

Done. From start to finish, it shouldn't take more than a month, or month and a half at most.

You can display the PTCs in small photo albums, frame them as a group, or for those who have already participated in the journal rounds, you can add these to the empty back pages.

So, who wants to play? And remember...it's a QUICK, one-shot deal. No waiting up to a year for a book to come back.

More info:

10 folks sign up/volunteer (usually we are just barely able to get 10 people involved, so there isn't any picking).

You put together ten cards that are roughly playing card size (2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches). They don't have to be of the people involved. They can all be the same, or if you are ambitious, they can be ten different images. Use the theme as a guideline, and then do ten cards however you want (all the same, all different, or anything in between). Cards can be single or double sided at your whim. Some do double sided cards, some do single sided and just sign the back, others only do one side.

You can ask for pics to work from, from the other participants, but you might not get them (although likely you will).

After you design your cards, you send all ten to the organizer with a self addressed and postage paid envelope (Pew in this case, he'll give you his address iof you decide to get in on the deal). Media mail envelopes tend to work best (and only cost about $2 in postage)

There is always more rum... If you gotta enough coin that is..... :unsure:

Let us know if you have more question!

Examples:

sc00ee802d.jpg

sc00ef57f7.jpg

sc00ef12d1.jpg

My original set:

DSC_0257.jpg

PTCs22-09.jpg

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

To keep it simple, I'd think "Life at sea."

Anything shipboard or found on the seas would be appropriate.

:)

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Excellent.

Those to sign the articles so far:

1. Pew

2. Gunpowder Gertie

3. Jollyjacktar

4. Wes1761

Yup, you're right...it's been awhile. Count me in. ;)

R

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

And by small, we mean 'business card' size.

Are they Business card size or Playing Card size? (the last few rounds, they were playing card size...)

When is the send in date?

I might play again, but with Burning Man coming up, I'm going to be really busy.....

(but I should be able to find the time to make them....)

Good point Patrick. Let's say no larger than playing card size. And they must be two-dimensional for ease of mailing.

I was trying to find enough interest initially, but in lieu of summer events, let's say the send in date is no later than September 1. That will give us enough lead time to press-gang...errrr...secure 10 members to participate.

pirate.gif

1. Pew

2. Gunpowder Gertie

3. Jollyjacktar

4. Wes1761

5. Ransom

6. Cannibal Chrispy

• 2 weeks later...

1. Pew

2. Gunpowder Gertie

3. Jollyjacktar

4. Wes1761

5. Ransom

6. Cannibal Chrispy

7. Patrick Hand

Let's say no larger than playing card size. And they must be two-dimensional for ease of mailing.

I was trying to find enough interest initially, but in lieu of summer events, let's say the send in date is no later than September 1. That will give us enough lead time to press-gang...errrr...secure 10 members to participate.

pirate.gif

We're at 7 players right now. Get started on your designs and plan on mailing them out September 1.

Got it!

Let's say no larger than playing card size. And they must be two-dimensional for ease of mailing.

pirate.gif

We're at 7 players right now. Get started on your designs and plan on mailing them out September 1.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All pm's have been replied to.

FWIW, we here on the east coast are about to get pummeled by Hurricane Irene. I'll get the cards out asap and when they all come in.

Mine will be sailing your way on Friday. Yeah, I know. A day or two after the deadline...sorry. B)

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

GET OUT! LOL Well, better late than never...but, sheesh. Did they say where they have been holed up all this time?

RAKEHELL-1.jpg