Fort De Chartres Winter Rendezvous

Winter Rendezvous

Fort de Chartres Annual Winter Rendezvous. Nov. 5 and 6, 2011. The Winter Rendezvous is an old fashioned gathering of Natives, "Buck Skinners", French and British Soldiers, Traders, Les Coureurs de Bois, and a couple of "Ne'r-Do-Wells". The time period is 1700 to 1820. Visit the Traders and the primitive camps. The event features a "Woods Walk" flintlock muzzleloading shoot. The shoot has limited access.

Does anyone plan on attending this event? I know it's early, and I know that it is close to P.I.P. I was just wondering.

AVAST YE !! A needle in a Hay Stack, A Diamond in the Rough Perhaps? Nah,

I'm a PIRATE, SAVVY !!

Hmmm.... a winter event. I like it. :) Shall consider it. Thank ye for the heads up.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I have never done a woods walk. I am hoping to have this Kentucky pistol done by then, but who knows. I would be interested in participating in anything that I can.

Also, does anyone have a tent me and my family might be able to borrow for this event? (2 adults and 3 children) If not it is totally ok.

I'm a PIRATE, SAVVY !!

This is a wonderful event to attend but you do need to prepare for ALL weather. As for attending this event it is "iffy" for Master Alan and my self(being so close to deer season). As to the woods walk I would sugjest that if you have never done one you pick a team at random and folow along as an observer. The fort requires full stock flint lock long arms for participation in the woods walk, if Master Alan and I can attend we would most certainly throw in with any one that wants to form a team.

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

• 2 months later...

Our club has a January "freeze out" shoot every year at the Fort. I have been frozen and sunburnt depending on the year. Gotta love the fickle weather. But.....at least its a trip to the fort!!

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to try the Fort in the cool November weather rather than the balmy June heat... but I am already committed elsewhere. Hope you guys have a great time, and maybe next November will work for me.

He called that June heat "balmy!" I think that "balmy" heat may have steam cooked yer brain! LOL

I'm still out on short term disability with my shoulder. My LT. Said to take my time on healing, so I might actually be off for a Nov trip to the fort....not sure if I'll be able to shoot yet, but maybe the Cap'n will give me my doubloons for the temporary loss of my arm and I'll be able to afford it!!

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well for those of you there, you may have noticed I am not. Started a new job, which means I will miss out on a lot of shows. I am a truck driver once more. I am sorry not to be there. Please have a blast, and stay warm.

I'm a PIRATE, SAVVY !!

as well for me !! after not having worked much at all in the last two months, a job sprang up right before the event !! so much for setting up early... then to top it off, we are working 10 hour days, and then top all of that off, we are working weekends also...

getting a paycheck for more than a day or two a week is great, but dangit !! how come it couldn't start until after the event ?? oh well, need a full paycheck more than a weekend off at this point....

hope everyone had fun this weekend !