St. Thomas

While I served my time in the governors U.S. Navy, my ship docked about a mile off the coast of St. Thomas. The word by the captain is, "We are here for a few supplies. No time to stop and visit." So, here I sat basking in the sun with a one cold "sympathy issued" beer for a one-day and an AWOL dream of a short swim to the coast of St. Thomas. The water was beautifully blue and I could see the bikini clad lasses lying on the white sands of the beach. All dressed up and I just can't go! To this day, I am still unfulfilled. My goal is to set foot upon that beach, drink margaritas and rum, and dream of the golden ages!

Okay, my apologies. I will now step down from my soap box...

...My goal is to set foot upon that beach, drink margaritas and rum, and dream of the golden ages!

Okay, my apologies. I will now step down from my soap box...

NO, NO, don't stop now, keep those positive waves coming. :huh:B):D

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

E. W. I have similar thoughts regarding the Caribbean, though having to do with a wee spot on the map in eastern Cuba. I spent a year there with the NAVSTA GTMO Army mission. Never thought it was possible to spend a year in the Caribbean and not have a whole lot of fun, but then dealing with the crowd I had to deal with isn't exactly a good time.

So, as with your thoughts on the matter, it would be cool to go back at some point under different circumstances (and to a different island, at least at present!).

Brass

Edited by Brass

one of Morgan's Men, "Guantanamo Jack" Brass

"No peace beyond the line"

E. W. I have similar thoughts regarding the Caribbean, though having to do with a wee spot on the map in eastern Cuba. I spent a year there with the NAVSTA GTMO Army mission. Never thought it was possible to spend a year in the Caribbean and not have a whole lot of fun, but then dealing with the crowd I had to deal with isn't exactly a good time.

So, as with your thoughts on the matter, it would be cool to go back at some point under different circumstances (and to a different island, at least at present!).

Brass

Interesting statement Brass. When you state, "and to a different island." Do you or anyone else consider St. Thomas not the place to visit? Please tell me due to the fact I am looking for the grand place to enjoy and if St. Thomas is not the place, I would like to know!

Brass

Interesting statement Brass. When you state, "and to a different island." Do you or anyone else consider St. Thomas not the place to visit? Please tell me due to the fact I am looking for the grand place to enjoy and if St. Thomas is not the place, I would like to know!

E. W. My statement was not a reference to St. Thomas, is was a refernce to Cuba.

Brass

one of Morgan's Men, "Guantanamo Jack" Brass

"No peace beyond the line"