forum

A few posts, then a bit of quiet. I think its just alot of people working and being busy......I sure hope its not dying...this is my favorite place in cyber land!

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

If it has resisted so many years, I don't think it's dying.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Some folks still linger, but... if it continues to be this quiet, aye, it WILL die! I've seen th' same with every forum I've been on. Too quiet means, dead. Need to keep chatterin' about topics. And there be plenty of them still.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It ebbs...it flows...it always has.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I also forget that we are getting into the beginning of "event" season, since it is warming up a tad....now if it would just rain every OTHER day for a change!! Or quit all together for a bit....

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

This happens about this time every year. It's the end of school (both university and grade), beginning of summer, vacations, etc. I'm just kinda surprised that PotC 4 hasn't had a "bump" in some form.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Definitely the busy season for people doing things that aren't online. Various projects, events, home maintenance, etc. It'll pick up as the days shut down on us again. A quiet spell doesn't mean death, it just means folks are busy elsewhere.

I agree with Mission on this one. Like me, some folks have gotten busy or are struggling in this that passes for our economy. I still love this place but havn't as much time to devote as before. C'est la vie. Still pyratin' whenever I can.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

You know, Facebook has impacted forums, but I don't see the effect as being entirely negative. A forum has a capability that FB doesn't - the ability to bring up old topics and thus gather information. Seeing as the folks who come to the forum with an interest in our hobby have a definite slant towards research, I think this is a major strength of this forum. What has gone away is a lot of the chit-chat and silly banter. It's a shame in one way and a boon in another.

Even so, when I click on the View New Content button (as I have been doing for years), I don't notice that things are significantly different than they were a year or two or three ago. The names of the folks posting regularly have changed, but that also has always been.

I have been on dying forums and this is not at all what I saw going on when I was on them.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

It has slowed a bit, but as others have said tis seasonal. Also, members leave or just lose interest in the topics at hand and we have not had an influx of new blood. I would not say the pub is dead. While I don't post as much as I used to, I am here doing research. An excellent source to see how others are doing things or getting leads for my own conclusions. Far from dead I say, admittedly not a chatter-box.

Facebook and sites like it have just about made these types of forums obsolete. I notice that most folks communicate on Facebook anymore and not so much on the forum. Times are changing and the old always gets swept away by the new. Sad but true.

Bo

As for myself, I really don't like Facebook type things at all. I only joined it because I was forced into it in order to keep up with the Leviathan stuff. I much prefer a forum like this.

>>>>> Cascabel

Me too, that's why I'm still here! :lol:

Old school? Old dogs/newtricks? :lol:

We were warned in our student teaching orientation not to use facebook. That is the first place most school districts look when considering an applicant. It even stated in our handbook; "Facebook - Don't."

My e-mail is constantly flooded with invitations from family and people I know and from people I've never heard of before. No offence to those who have invited me, but you won't be "seeing" me there. I already spend too much time on here as it is.

I will say that if this just turns into a library for research and people stop chatting, how long before stynky gets tired of maintaining this site and fighting spammers just for a half-dozen die-hards though? Less traffic can make one wonder if all the hassle of website maint. is worth it.

Bo

I agree with Mission. This is a wonderful place for research, and I found lots of interesting topics. I also found friends to give me a helping hand, and it doesn't happen everywhere. And the concrete aspects, both history connected and reenacting connected can't be taken on Facebook! Facebook is good for exposure of the site.

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

I also lurk here often. But I don't often post unless it is subject that peeks my intrese and have something to add. But I am here at least three to four times a week. I think you might find alot of people doing the same.

Untill we meet again may you have fair winds and following seas.

Y.M.H.S.

C-

I really like this site. I went to a few searching for one that I really liked & the pub fits the bill.

I don't post much of any importance .... but I really love searching through the topics.

Lots of info here.

Have made a few friends here also.

I hope it stays up for a long time.

Still a lot I need to learn.