Pedersoli Queen Anne lock tuning

Iron Hand

I believe I remembered someone on the Pub discussing how to tune a Pedersoli Queene Anne correctly. I just aquired one that is need of some repair. I noticed the Hammer was not forcing the Frizzen open completely and the Flint was not lining up with the pan at the touch hole. After finding a roughly appropriate size flint, the sear spring mysteriously broke. I ordered a new sear spring today from Track of the Wolf, but would appreciate any guidence on making this gun spot on as far as ease of trigger pull and spring life. I heard they had mainspring issues as well.Any advice is greatly appreciated.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

If you would like it tuned correctly I can do it.

Let me see how she shapes up after replacin' the sear spring and a little polishin'. But I have considered turnin' her over to a professional, so that's still an option.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

You wouldn't believe the difference in how the gun shoots after the Commodore gets ahold of it. It will have superb action and extremely dependable fire. Mine was misfiring after 10 or so shots. Not anymore. I can shoot all day now.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com