Highland Pirates

• 1 year later...
I'm in Northern Utah, so I am as landlocked as they come. Anyone else trapped up here in the Rockies?

I've been through there mate.Personally it wasn't very eye catching for my taste.I don't like being boxed in by land.I have to have plenty of sea shore and ocean to explore. B)

I'm in Northern Utah, so I am as landlocked as they come.  Anyone else trapped up here in the Rockies?

I've been through there mate.Personally it wasn't very eye catching for my taste.I don't like being boxed in by land.I have to have plenty of sea shore and ocean to explore. B)

But...

...if you have to be boxed in...

100850000114.jpg

100100600809.jpg

265040300706.jpg

2650401012.jpg

265060300211.jpg

D0605-archeswaterhole.jpg

265041600510.jpg

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

The Spring or Fall. Summer is very hot and Winter is very cold here. Cache Valley is at it's finest in the Spring when it is as green as Ireland or in the Fall when it burns with a thousand different shades of orange and red.

Winter sunsets are also grand. And summer nights are pocked with stars.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

William I think tis gorgeous, would love to ride horseback through there. Reminds in places of Montana, The wide open spaces and the green grasses rippling in the winds are just a diffrent kind of sea..Thank you for sharing your home with us...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Guest

I finally found a pirate crew in Cache Valley under one Captain Legrand. Quite by accident, but I have found one. Now I'm just waiting for them to join the Pub so that I can buy them a round.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahoy, mate!

So other than meself, I know that my Quartermaster, Malachai Armstrong has just joined the Pub, who hails from Castle Rock, CO. I did notice there were some other forum members from Colorado, but most have not been active for quite a while. I do know Sir Nigel recently moved back here though, as he did caricatures for us at this past Buccaneer Bash.

As for Utah, Wyoming, and the other Rocky Mountain states, I'm afraid I don't know that many other pirates from around here/there, either.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

Incidentally, this is a brilliant song by Tom Lewis that I must share. I think you'll appreciate it:

Poor old landlocked sailor, washed-up on the shore,

Never been so many miles from the sea before,

Is he dreaming of the surging tide, the rolling swell?

Is he dreaming of the ocean? No - is he hell!

Chorus:

He's a happy landlocked sailor living in the trees,

He swapped the roaring tide-race for the mountain breeze,

With his wife he lives in paradise in the Rockies of B.C.,

How I wish that happy landlocked sailor could be me.

He finds that on the lake he's never bothered by the tide,

All his navigation is done on the mountainside,

Waves of ocean-blue have changed to waves of forest-green,

White horses into snow-capped peaks as far as can be seen.

He used to sail the sea-lanes to exotic ports-of-call,

Now he cruises dusty roads down to the local mall,

His roving day are over, his feet upon the shore,

He's never going back, he's on dry-land for evermore.

(Now you know that happy landlocked sailor's really me.)

Edited by Captain McCool

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 1 year later...