PotC 5...

Mr_Scabbs

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... good question.

I would be disappointed if Blackbeard did not return in the next one or #6 as a ghost. After all, that would be part of the pirate legend and lore. More of the ride could still be used... and oh, there's so much more they could still utilize. :blink:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

OK, I know its fantasy, I know it's only a movie but I really, really wish they'd keep all the garb in one period. I watched Captain Blood last night ands was impressed at how well they did keeping to the clothing of the 1680's/90's. If they could do that in 1935, why is it so damn hard now?

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

There were entire cohesive, prop departments in the "studio system" where period-correct costume sets would be created and reused again and again (for decades). The costumes and sets on "The SeaHawks" were a "second use" of the ones from "The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex." So, if you want to see the beautiful sets of The Sea Hawks in color, watch "Elizabeth and Essex."

Of all the "negatives" of the studio system that people love to point out, there were also a great many positives too.

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Lots of contracting out, too, Hawkyns. Costumers have their ideas of period attire, and what they've seen at museums and in books, are not pinned down to one era. It's an outfit that needs to be done and needs to be done a month ago. :) So they belt it out, no matter the decade. Yes, I agree. It is annoying to those who are keen about the attire.

~Lady B

• 2 weeks later...

Well whatever the plot will be there is most likely to be a POTC-5.

Box office gross for POTC-4 On Stranger Tides topped 1 billion over the July 4th weekend.

This Disney goose continues to lay golden eggs.

Jas. Hook :unsure:

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

""I would be disappointed if Blackbeard did not return in the next one or #6 as a ghost. After all, that would be part of the pirate legend and lore. More of the ride could still be used... and oh, there's so much more they could still utilize. :o ~Lady B

And it is not as if Disney has not already dealt with the Ghost of Blackbeard ;-)

Wikipedia ""Blackbeard's Ghost is a 1968 live-action fantasy comedy Disney film starring Peter Ustinov, Dean Jones, and Suzanne Pleshette, directed by Robert Stevenson. It is based upon the novel of the same name by Ben Stahl and was shot in Walt Disney Studios. The Disney Channel aired this film until the late 1990s.""

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Actually, in Tim Power's book On Stranger Tides a regenerated Blackbeard (now called Edmund Morcilla) does return shortly after his death at Ocracoke.

Interesting if they'll work something like that into a POTC-5?:o

Jas. Hook :o

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Since PotC4 was pretty sporadic and not quite movie like, I think that'll be it for the movies. Seems like they are setting it up for the t.v. show that they want to do. I know Johnny Depp is very excited for it.

I dunno...you think they'd decide to stop after clearing a billion internationally?

Besides, anyone remember the Delta House TV follow up to Animal House? *shudder*

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I was so turned-off by POTC II that I haven't bothered to see it again. I've still never sat through #3 all the way through. POTC III bites the big one as far as I'm concerned. I'll wait to rent/borrow #4. I've just about given up on movies altogether. The only recent ones worth watching IMO have been Perfume and The Girl With The Pearl Earring. Seems everyone relies on FX and there are no more real talented actors that can make a good movie stand alone anymore.

Bo

Actually, in Tim Power's book On Stranger Tides a regenerated Blackbeard (now called Edmund Morcilla) does return shortly after his death at Ocracoke.

Interesting if they'll work something like that into a POTC-5?;)

Jas. Hook ;)

If you picked it up from the movie Blackbeard was already dead. Jack made a comment to the Ocracoke incident when they met.

smythesig-2.jpg

Interesting if they'll work something like that into a POTC-5?;)

Jas. Hook ;)

If you picked it up from the movie Blackbeard was already dead. Jack made a comment to the Ocracoke incident when they met.

Nope I missed that. ;)

Jas. Hook :huh:

• 5 months later...

It's now 2012... and several places are saying PotC is possible but in the works. One site stated the title was PotC: Beyond the Seas World. Now... that title sounds just so unlike a PotC title. And too reflective of At World's End. The plot and supposed story sounded even worse with Will and Elizabeth returning which we all know that both Knightley and Bloom will not return for future films.

I guess we shall see.

I still am keeping watch for a Blackbeard's ghost possibility. Perhaps Will and Elizabeth's son jumping in on the story, too? I was told Depp wasn't so sure about taking on another PotC film as Jack and wanted to do another film with Angelina Jolie... well, I like our very own Black Syren's idea where if ever her character was played by anyone, it would be Angelina Jolie. Or maybe the return of Cruz to reprise her role as Angelica. Perhaps we will see someone portray one of Blackbeard's "Wives", Aldetha Stowcroft.

Well... we shall see what goes.

~Lady B

I could well be wrong, but I'll bet we've seen the last of Blackbeard. That looked like a one shot movie.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

What? You don't want Blackbeard to return as a ghost, Mission? :)

Ye know... I think they need a character on there based upon Mission. What ye lot think? :)

~Lady B

PotC: Beyond the Seas World...

Hummmm... Jack, Hector and Edward reunite to plunder Wall Street? :rolleyes::D

I don't want or not want anything with regard to these movies except the return of the skeletons. (Which I am pretty sure we will also never see again. Alas.)

Based on how things seem to go in Hollywood, I just don't see them bringing Blackbeard back. OTOH, what other real-life pirate could they use top top him? If there were a pirate popularity poll, Blackbeard would no doubt win. (Mission wouldn't even be on the list. Although you might get a young Bill Murray to play me.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Well even though I work in a theater I have no secret insight. But my personal view is that they won't bring Blackbeard back because it was speculated they wrote out Will and Elizabeth for one reason to focus more on Jack and his particular adventures. Barbossa hung in there due to his own particular popularity in the series. There are some children's books written about Jack's life and adventures, perhaps they can draw from those, although I have not read them.

Other ideas could include a faceoff with the Jolly Roger, who is featured in Disneys Online game.

Which I will volunteer for a screen test.....*Wicked Smile*

Skeletor.jpg

Keep to the code, Mates...

PotC: Beyond the Seas World...

Hummmm... Jack, Hector and Edward reunite to plunder Wall Street? :rolleyes::D

LMAO!!! Will give a whole new meaning to the Occupy movement! Hmm... maybe they would actually get rid of a few nutcases that have fallen in with the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Ahhh, but Mission... you do the scary ship's surgeon so well. Can you see Jack Sparrow and you? And we all thought he was frightened of the Cannibals. Nope... it's Mission he's moreso frightened of! ;)

We love ya Mission! You deserve to be a character in a movie!

Jolly Roger. Hmmm. ::: Shrugs ::::

I still think they should take on Black Syren's character and use Angelina Jolie like she said would be best to portray the Siren. ;)

~Lady B

We used to have someone from Disney who hung around here and she sort of hinted (but never said as I recall - legalities and all that i suppose) that they wrote Will out because Orlando was a right pain in the arse as an actor. Where Will goes, so goes Elizabeth. Of course, publicly it was about the completion of their character story arc. (Which I find sort of funny given that they second and third movies were pretty clearly bolt-on additions to the series.)

One thing I've learned from MST3K is that if you're not an actor, you shouldn't try to act in a good movie. ;)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Lady Barbosa -

Yea, they could land in Manhattan, confer with Cap'n Kidd and round up the 'nutcases' march 'em over to the East River and have them walk the plank at South Street Seaport. :huh:

Mission I can envision, in a Bill Murry role, as Bo'sn Carl (who replaces Gibbs) swinging in a hammock between two palms dreaming up schemes rid the island of gophers. All while being plied with rum punch by beautiful island gals. :D

Jas. Hook ;)

It's OK now, I've just taken my gunpowder n'rum medication and feel much better now. -_-

I used to be an assistant groundskeeper. True story. ;)

Mission_banner5.JPG

I used to be an assistant groundskeeper. True story. ;)

At Lambourn Hall no doubt... and discharged for pizzin' on the imported hedges. :o:lol:

Jas. Hook ;)