PotC 5...

Mr_Scabbs

Well, my knowledge is limited to medicine. There may be period evidence of intravenous drug abuse, but I'm not aware of it. But I'm pretty sure they said he was showing the 'P' which was allegedly used when they branded pirates. (Although no one ever presented any proof of that being true. It didn't really make sense given that pirates were hung if convicted - something I know because Foxe and I participated in a rather drawn out discussion about it on another pirate forum.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i looked at the clip again...he shows her the sparrow and P arm (right), he shows her the left arm which shows solid scars all up and down his veins, and he shows her what appears to be two bullet scars on his upper right chest he shows her these in response to her asking essentially "what is the truth?", now i forget verbatim what he says as he shows these this but it essentially is ..you can't handle the truth.

I wasn't aware that this was an argument and i fail to see the connection of your metaphor related to the topic. Haven't you figgered out this site yet? it is ALL about debating what is fact, what is fiction, and what your interpretations of the unknowns are.

OK, OK, but we're awful close to my pet historical topic of interest and I have to state the facts. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I wasn't aware that this was an argument and i fail to see the connection of your metaphor related to the topic. Haven't you figgered out this site yet? it is ALL about debating what is fact, what is fiction, and what your interpretations of the unknowns are.

argue, debate, whatever... with pirates someone always gets a lead shot in the end.

And no, I haven't figured this site out yet, I've only been here a few days. I'm more of a burn everything in my path type of girl anyways.

Speaking of which, sorry if my metaphor was too advanced for you, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

10912765.jpg

you know cotton, the ONLY person looking for an argument or fight here...is you! I understand your metaphor, what i don't understand is what THAT metaphor has to do with what the intent was or the content was pertaining to, in a deleted scene from the PoTC.

Edited by Wicked Jim

I'm not actually looking for a fight, you're just being thin skinned about my ribbing. And the reason for my ribbing is that you're being so damn serious about a Disney movie. Nothing about PoTC is supposed to be serious.

So in the interest of keeping peace I'll stop trying to throw darts at you.

10912765.jpg

Umm...I really think it was Bonny Anne (Anne Bonney) who is reputed to have said "If you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog", and not Mary Read. And the tales of heated orgies betwixt the three of them is just focsle gossip, belike...

Too bad Edward James Olmos isn't a woman. According to Wicked Jim's theory, he would be perfect.

Hollywood isn't about to use a woman with a bad complexion in such a role. It doesn't play well with the general public. I remember seeing Shrek with a girl and she didn't like the movie because Fiona "turned ugly" at the end of the story. And this was not a vapid, flighty girl but a woman with a Masters degree and more than a little savvy.

Although I never thought Emma Stone was stunning or anything. She's just got that fiestiness about her that would work with lines like "If you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog" (Yes, yes, it's Read's line.) while still having the humor to see what Depp saw in his character. OTOH, if you wanted to make her deadly serious, you'd probably want a different actress. OTOOH, if you wanted to make her deadly serious, you wouldn't put her in a POTC movie.

Damn, thats sharp!

I happen to have the tome right here... and you are correct about who so spake. (Shame on me for trusting the web!) Although I am not at all clear on where it was you think we were talking about orgies between the three of them. It makes no sense to me given the three actual accounts.

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 1 month later...

I can't discuss solid points of time, space and engineering when Disney is involved with a straight face. Disney supersedes all time periods and known laws of physics anyway. B)

Annnyway....what anyone think of maybe Ava Green for a possible Lady Pirate? I think she could run enough guff and grit with it.

220px-EvaGreenFeb07.jpg

Keep to the code, Mates...

I can't discuss solid points of time, space and engineering when Disney is involved with a straight face. Disney supersedes all time periods and known laws of physics anyway. B)

Annnyway....what anyone think of maybe Ava Green for a possible Lady Pirate? I think she could run enough guff and grit with it.

220px-EvaGreenFeb07.jpg

Now, we may be on the right track here.