PotC 5...

Mr_Scabbs

"In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'" (If there is one requirement for working in any capacity on a golf course, it is the ability to quote Caddyshack backwards and forwards.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It's now 2012... and several places are saying PotC is possible but in the works. One site stated the title was PotC: Beyond the Seas World. Now... that title sounds just so unlike a PotC title. And too reflective of At World's End. The plot and supposed story sounded even worse with Will and Elizabeth returning which we all know that both Knightley and Bloom will not return for future films.

I guess we shall see.

I still am keeping watch for a Blackbeard's ghost possibility. Perhaps Will and Elizabeth's son jumping in on the story, too? I was told Depp wasn't so sure about taking on another PotC film as Jack and wanted to do another film with Angelina Jolie... well, I like our very own Black Syren's idea where if ever her character was played by anyone, it would be Angelina Jolie. Or maybe the return of Cruz to reprise her role as Angelica. Perhaps we will see someone portray one of Blackbeard's "Wives", Aldetha Stowcroft.

Well... we shall see what goes.

~Lady B

Actually, Orlando has sed hed jump at the chance to be in the next pirates.

• 3 weeks later...

I always wanted to see Rowley Birkin QC rock up in PoTC as a Hanging Judge and mebbe even Sparrows Granddad

Depp was a big fan of The Fast Show and even did a cameos on a couple of shows, pretty sure he knicked a bit of Rowley for Capt'n Jack

One of my fav Rowley sketches

Of course I was ver ver drunk

Edited by Grymm

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

Now why the perkinelmer has it done that, I did nowt different, If I could I be thumping it with a gurt big hammer by now, bummocks!

Edited by Grymm

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

Wow. Who would they get to play Anne Bonny? It would have to be someone feisty.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

I figured that from the outset (drawing power always trumps appropriateness in Hollywood when they can afford it), but it still begs the question... Who should play Anne Bonny?

Mission_banner5.JPG

How about Emma Stone? (She's awesome and she can play anything.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Too bad Edward James Olmos isn't a woman. According to Wicked Jim's theory, he would be perfect.

Hollywood isn't about to use a woman with a bad complexion in such a role. It doesn't play well with the general public. I remember seeing Shrek with a girl and she didn't like the movie because Fiona "turned ugly" at the end of the story. And this was not a vapid, flighty girl but a woman with a Masters degree and more than a little savvy.

Although I never thought Emma Stone was stunning or anything. She's just got that fiestiness about her that would work with lines like "If you'd have fought like a man you needn't hang like a dog" (Yes, yes, it's Read's line.) while still having the humor to see what Depp saw in his character. OTOH, if you wanted to make her deadly serious, you'd probably want a different actress. OTOOH, if you wanted to make her deadly serious, you wouldn't put her in a POTC movie.

Mission_banner5.JPG

HAHAHA...ok i retract any and all statements herein contained....hell...i didn't mean bad skin....you how the 1st POTC had a more gritty feel to it? Before they decided to wash and package jack sparrow for mass consumption? Before they realized that the project would become a franchise, when they were only making one movie? i STILL retract everything. here's where i'm told..."oh they were always going to make more than one...etc etc etc" *sigh*

I see your point, but with women in movies it's sort of different. (Which you could legitimately argue is not necessarily a good thing.) Then again, Depp had to fight for his gold teeth and scruffy appearance in the first movie. I read somewhere or another that they wanted him to be clean and purty.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mission, i LOVE Depp's take on Sparrow..pure genius...and considering how he used to NEVER play the same role twice you could guarantee that he would give 100% to the individuality of the character. My suggestion was that the actress who would be chosen to play Anne would HAVE to have an equal amount of grit...grit in her heart, soul, AND appearance to truly make the role unique and alive.

Considering they didn't have syringes like we think of them at that time in history, it was my impression that he was showing her his Pirate branding. Opium was considered medicinal and it was taken orally.

Mission_banner5.JPG

ok, i'm not gonna parlay back and forth concerning the other means with which he may have introduced drugs subcutaneously to himself, such as quill, sharpened bone, or wood and instead choose to bow out in favor of your superior knowledge.