White Trash Forge

I fired up my forge today finally after...way too long... and made a couple of strikers for a feller on the frontier folk site. He wanted this design (this is as close as I could come) because it has a screwdriver (turnscrew) on one end. I had to temper that end differently than the striker section and I haven't done this for awhile. They both came out OK for my first attempt, they both take a file to work the turnscrew edge, both turned my lock screws without breaking off or bending, and they both throw a good shower of sparks. Only time and use will tell if my dual-temper procedure worked or not. o-far so-good.

grindingwheel003.jpg

grindingwheel004.jpg

grindingwheel005.jpg

Bo

*forgot that when you move photos into another folder the links get broke!*

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Found some more stuff when I was cleaning up the shop. I started to make the double linstock last year, still need to put the coils ont the ends to hold the match, and find someone to put it on the wood handle I have for it. I stink at woodworking and I'll just screw it up if I try it. There is also a simple linstock I threw together from some scrap brazing rod and a dowel I had laying around, and a gun worm for an 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch bore. There was also part of a list laying in the box with these but the mice chewed it up and I cannot make out what was on it. Here's the stuf I'll be finishing tomorrow and probably offer up for sale:

grindingwheel006.jpg

grindingwheel007.jpg

grindingwheel008.jpg

I'll be making more gunworms this week too if anyone is in need.

I've got some more old brazing rod I'll be trying to reproduce the musket worms from the Whydah wreck arifacts.

*I had to go back and re-post the pictures; forgot that when I created a new folder on my photobucket for my projects.*

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Bo -

Pics is up! Looks good.

Jas. Hook :angry:

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney