Testing

Hmmm. I think we're on to something. I bet if there was a way we could connect all these on some web interface, and give 'em some fun little icon... like a smiley or something... and a catchy name like... like... LIKEbook!... would could make a fortune!!! ;)

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Mission likes to think we could find a different way to amuse ourselves. A better one. (Yes, a better one!) That one. (That one!?)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Where's the stinkin' 'Like' button?!?! Oh well... I guess I'll just have to type it.

Blackjohn likes Duchess' comment.

You know there's a Facebook Like button at the bottom-ish left of this page. . . click on it and it shows up on your Facebook Wall - that is if you're logged into Facebook and have them synced.

Mission likes to think we could find a different way to amuse ourselves. A better one. (Yes, a better one!) That one. (That one!?)

Hummmm... a better one? Let's audit Mission's medicine chest and compare its contents against the one posted in Pirates #14. :o;)

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Hummmm... a better one? Let's audit Mission's medicine chest and compare its contents against the one posted in Pirates #14. :o;)

Jas. Hook ;)

Is that a reference to a real article or something?

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Jas. Hook ;)

Is that a reference to a real article or something?

I don't have it in front of me but yes there is a listing/invoice for a period medicinal kit inside. It may be of interest. :huh:

Jas. Hook :o

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

Oh, yes. I'll bet it's that one from just past period - 1730s or 1740s? I'm almost certain a link has been posted to the list in project Gutenberg in the Medicine Chest thread in Twill within the last year or two. (This will all be hindered by the fact that Mission still doesn't have a medicine chest proper.)

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, yes. I'll bet it's that one from just past period - 1730s or 1740s? I'm almost certain a link has been posted to the list in project Gutenberg in the Medicine Chest thread in Twill within the last year or two. (This will all be hindered by the fact that Mission still doesn't have a medicine chest proper.)

Mission -

Yup, Pirates #14, page 12 -13, John Tweedy's Bill for Medicines, Nov. 8, 1743, Newport

Jas. Hook ;)

Edited by Jas. Hook

Ah. Even so, thanks for the heads up. I'm always curious to see new material, especially related to period medicine chests and instrument listings.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Sheesh! :blink:

Mission_banner5.JPG