Matchlock Escopeta?

Hawkyns

I'm working on bringing my impression back to a 1670-80 date. One of the reasons is that I prefer the matchlock to the flintlock, and the match fits much better into the early timeframe. I've also been fascinated by the escopeta for a bunch of years. Is there any documentation for a matchlock escopeta or are they all miquelets and flints? I've got a lock and barrel, just need to make a stock, but I don't want a fantasy piece. So documentation before I start cutting wood.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

The escopeta appears to be an 18th century gunne. Not sure if Spain ever made matchlock escopetas haven't seen any yet, still looking though.,

http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/adp/history/hispanic_period/escopeta.html

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Thanks, Bo. Yeah, that's what I was finding, too. Damn, I really like the shape of that catalan stock.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg