Any Kindle users?

OK, my mother and sister got me a Kindle book for my graduation. I am a technology challenged hillbilly. I figured out enough about computers to get me through college, but still ain't too bright. With my sisters help we got it registered and I ordered my first book, (Buccanneers of America of course!), but I didn't pay attention to the delivery system and bought the one that is automatically delivered through Wi-fi. I'm in the sticks and don't have a wireless connection. So does this mean that when I get to a Wi-fi area my book will automatically load, or do I need to do something else. I tried reading the directions and all but I'm still not clear on this part. Thanks for any help.

Bo

Bo -

Likewise challenged brother. ;)

I had to go to a wired location (Panera Bread & Cafe) to use for the first time.

I now have my own connection through a wifi box on top of my computer. (About $30. at Staples)

It connects as soon as you turn Kindle on.

You can use it at wired spots but you have to select individual connection on Kindle menu.

It will list all available with connection strength and if privacy locked or not.

Most stores have connection posted and hotels issue a password with room key.

I don't have the Kindle in front of me so I can't be more specific on keys.

Hope this helps.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

Well done!

I just ordered Alexander Kent's In the King's Name, latest in the Bolitho series.

Jas. Hook <_<

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney