Hampton's Blackbeard Pirate Festival 2011

Dutchman

ahoy all, i hope all are well and rested.

Thank you ALL for a great weekend. Everyone did what was needed and turned to in grand fashion. We fielded a record number of reenactors, more entertainment was there, and the local merchants had smiles on their faces. HUZZAH!

Huzzah indeed... well done yerself!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Ahoy!

This was my first Blackbeard Festival and I had a wonderful time! Much thanks to the Blackbeard Crew, CSF folks and all those who had a hand in getting me there and trusting me to teach the kiddies!!

I have posted part one of my 3-parter blog on the fest with some fun pics and stories. I hope you all enjoy it.

Hampton Blackbeard Festival Blog

Edited by Diosa De Cancion

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Be Advised, Folks: Cape Charles just on the other side of the Bay Bridge Tunnel is trying to start up a Tall Ships event, which was held the same weekend in conjunction with the Kalmar Nyckel, which I heard sold out all its day sails. And BEACH!

If you're gonna swing, swing for the fences...if you're going after Jaws, bring along the tartar sauce.

Part 2 of the Hampton Blog is up and includes a bar brawl :)

Blog Link

Oh yeah. I wanted to see that bar brawl, but I was over in the Pirate Hunters camp being enchanted by Calico Jenny and Jack, and couldn't bring myself to leave before they were finished.