Hampton's Blackbeard Pirate Festival 2011

Dutchman

Ahoy all,

The Hampton Blackbeard Festival has moved back to its regular time slot of the first weekend in June. It will be June 3-5. Friday night begins the festivities with the pirates ball. Saturday is a running story line of the city of Hampton and it's involvement with Blackbeard's demise. This includes an on the water battle depicting the famed Battle of Ocracoke. Sunday is a grand day of living history. For more information, please visit the festivals website at http://www.blackbeardpiratefestival.com/ If you have any questions, just yell!

Note, not officially announced yet, but BBF2012 will be in July the week before OpSail 2012 is in Norfolk, so plan on spending TWO WEEKS with us!

Two weeks?!? the school is going to have a stroke, but then, hmmm field trips.... all in all, very cool!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Is there anyone coming from either SC or NC for this event? Thanks to recent circumstances I am in desperate need of help with transportation. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yours & co

Mr. Ohlandt

I sent you a message on FB....

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

We are very proud to say the The Brignds will be back as the host band for the Pirates Ball at Blackbeard this year. We have lots of new songs

(including "The Guns of Hampton") and tunes for your enjoyment and we look forward to seeing old friends and shipmates.

2011 is our 10th Anniversary performing together as The Brigands, and it started right there in Hampton at Blackbeard.

Despite what other festivals may have going for them, we always consider the Hampton Blackbeard Festival to be the heart of Piracy on the East Coast.

See you all there!

Pirate music at it's best, from 1650 onwards

newbanner.jpg

The Brigands

this year is shaping up wonderfully. we can't wait to see the family again! Despite budget cuts, we are fileding roughly 110 reenactors through five crews- not including the various and numerous musicians and entertainment venues. I think that adds another 60 or so? Unfortunately, neither the Nykel or Exlporer will be with us this year- budget. But we are still going to have one heck of a fireworks show saturday night and the ever popular shantey sign saturday night after the boom-booms. I think there are an additional 8 period vendors?

edit* and a teaser of us practicing, ni idea where the tax man came from though

edit* and a teaser of us practicing, ni idea where the tax man came from though

I think there needs to be a script with some of us pirates acquiring the taxes of the taxman B)

Chaos, panic, pandemonium - my work here is done.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

17th & 18th Century Naval Living History

Crew Of The Vigilant

Oh DO COME SEE ME FIRST THING ON Thursday or Friday (I will be arriving Thursday after work)... just ye wait and see what I have up my sleeve... bring small arms, cartridges and powder as well... B)

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Klaus and I are driving down Friday morning. Sorry for the last minute add. I just couldnt committ as I have been moving the last week.

See you all there. If you need any steel let me know now so I can bring it with me. I am not setting up a booth.

email me if you need anything @ 1stmate@baltimoreknife.com

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

Pictures from the Hampton Festival. Regrettably, I was so busy talking with Cross and Jack that I forgot to take pictures with them!

102_4638.jpg

Blackbeard and Maynard duel aboard the Serenity.

102_4640.jpg The Meka II returns to dock (not under sail, alas).

102_4642.jpg A pirate hanging in irons.

102_4644.jpg Blackbeard's crew being brought in for trial.

102_4646.jpg Don't let her near the clam strips!

102_4647.jpg Mistreating the prisoners.

102_4648.jpg Mistreating the prisoners is really fun!

102_4650.jpg Calico Jack and Calico Jenny. They played awesome seagoing songs that Jenny wrote herself. Top quality stuff. I couldn't afford to buy any of their CDs, but I encourage all of you to do so.

102_4651.jpg Calico Jenny.

102_4652.jpg Calico Jack.

102_4653.jpg The Shadow Players stage combat group.

102_4655.jpg The Shadow Players.

102_4658.jpg A lady of the Shadow Players awaits a challenger.

102_4659.jpg Looks like she found a challenger.

102_4660.jpg Nix one challenger.

102_4661.jpg The Shadow Players' master of the whip.

Had a great time! Thank to Blackbeard's Crew and all of the other crews that made it a great weekend. I loved working in the tavern and working with a great group of wenches! We shall do it again next year and you lasses will leave with full pockets once again! Huzzah!

PS. I was rather tired when I posted this ...I do know other descriptors than simply "great" ;)

Edited by Silkie McDonough

Great talking to you Daniel.....quite a joy to get neerd and not have someone get bored and try and run away lolololol hope you can make it to more events so i may pick your brain.........thanks to everyone for the great weekend...ill see most of you if not at beaufort,than at pip, or next year.....keep well all till then....

Yours &co.

Isrl. Cross

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Another great Hampton Balckbeard Festival!

Great meeting the new folks and seeing others that I haven't seen in a while.

Was a really great weather weekend too! Even had the pre-requisite Bb Festival rain Sunday morning, which thankfully cleared up by the time the show started.

Looking forward to next year.

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

Favorite part...working them Guns of Hampton, especially Sunday on the docks....

Crewe of the Archangel

Favorite part...working them Guns of Hampton, especially Sunday on the docks....

Yeah that was a fun time. Great way to start the day firing the guns as fast as we could :D

Master-At-Arms,

Crew Of The Vigilant

Baltimore Maryland Based

Crew Of The Vigilant

ahoy all, i hope all are well and rested.

Thank you ALL for a great weekend. Everyone did what was needed and turned to in grand fashion. We fielded a record number of reenactors, more entertainment was there, and the local merchants had smiles on their faces. HUZZAH!

ahoy all, i hope all are well and rested.

Thank you ALL for a great weekend. Everyone did what was needed and turned to in grand fashion. We fielded a record number of reenactors, more entertainment was there, and the local merchants had smiles on their faces. HUZZAH!

Thank you, Dutch. I look forward to Bald Head Is.and Beaufort.So little time during events. But, the week between, that will be some fun!