Disheartening Performance Related Announcement

Forgive my over long silence on these boards; I hate that my return to the Pub is occasioned by the following announcement (and I hope I have posted this in the correct sub forum - so much has changed since I last browsed these boards):

To All of our Dear Fans and Friends,

At the time of this writing, it appears we, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, will not be returning to Midwest Renaissance Festival in 2011 despite the face-to-face “you are in” we received at the Great Bend Renaissance Festival in June 2010 and the verbal contract struck over the phone in March 2011. Suddenly, both of the previous conversations and agreements, just like our paper application sent into the Festival office in February 2011, have been forgotten/overlooked/misplaced/or disregarded.

Since Renaissance Festival of the Midlands, the predecessor festival of Midwest Renaissance Festival, first moved to the Westfair Fair Grounds, The Ladies of the Salty Kiss have only missed performing at this show one time … the year RFotM/MRF was bought by the folks from the St. Louis show.

It greatly saddens my heart that those folks who have always viewed The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, our unique and original brand of comedy, and strong females as a threat for what ever reason, have finally succeeded in keeping us from a much beloved event, and the home festival of Amethyst (who in recent years was featured in an article on the festival published in the area newspapers).

It further saddens me that we will not be able to hold our traditional Veterans Salute to our brave men and women who have served this country so very well. I humbly apologize to our Veterans for failing in being there to personally thank and honor you for all the freedoms you continue to insure for me and mine.

Yours in Service,

Captain Emerald Shaunassey and The Ladies of the Salty Kiss

Captain Emerald Shaunassey O' The Salty Kiss

www.TheLadiesoftheSaltyKiss.com