Gun flints

I wanted to let everyone know of a great source for gun flints. I heard about these flints from a black powder forum I belong to, the topic was gun flints and posts were about Rich Pierce a gentleman that hand knaps gun flints. The source of his flints comes from the Meramec River area in his state of Missouri. The flints are white to light grey in color and are very hard and very durable. I for one have a lock on a gun that is murder on flints and I can now say that is no longer a problem. These are as in Rich's words "rough, tough, and sparky" I got back from a day's worth of shooting and these flints stay sharp and produce showers of sparks. Rich says he can make any size flint you might need and a real bonus is when you order a dozen he sends them to you first. Put one in your guns lock and try them out in your gun and if you like them than you pay the man if not just send them back. I ordered a dozen large sized musket sized flints and the total cost with shipping and handling was a mere $16.75 for the dozen. That's a huge savings over what some types of flints can cost.

You can e-mail Rich Pierce at Longtrekflints@gmail.com

Keep your powder dry

Voodoo Jack

are these like 1" and 1 1/4" and 11/2" ? flints?

I wanted to let everyone know of a great source for gun flints. I heard about these flints from a black powder forum I belong to, the topic was gun flints and posts were about Rich Pierce a gentleman that hand knaps gun flints. The source of his flints comes from the Meramec River area in his state of Missouri. The flints are white to light grey in color and are very hard and very durable. I for one have a lock on a gun that is murder on flints and I can now say that is no longer a problem. These are as in Rich's words "rough, tough, and sparky" I got back from a day's worth of shooting and these flints stay sharp and produce showers of sparks. Rich says he can make any size flint you might need and a real bonus is when you order a dozen he sends them to you first. Put one in your guns lock and try them out in your gun and if you like them than you pay the man if not just send them back. I ordered a dozen large sized musket sized flints and the total cost with shipping and handling was a mere $16.75 for the dozen. That's a huge savings over what some types of flints can cost.

You can e-mail Rich Pierce at Longtrekflints@gmail.com

Keep your powder dry

Voodoo Jack

I put his info up here last year too. Yes, Rich's flints are the right stuff, made from Missouri chert, these things throw some serious spark and I highly recommend his wares. I have been using the same flint in my musket since before deer season last November and it is still plenty sharp and throws sparks well. I have been shooting often and just patterned for turkey hunting tomorrow morning, same flint, the first one of his I put in there. He sent me enough to last a lifetime I think at this rate.

Bo

I have a few left, I always get an assortment of sizes. What size are you needing? I'll send you some and let you try them out if you want.

Wes

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....