New knife with a "twist"

Cascabel

Here is a new knife I made as a gift to my sweetheart. It's a fantasy piece, rather than historical. The blade is made from a compressor blade from a jet engine, and has quite a bit of twist to it. The handle is made from Black Palm wood. It's a pretty big knife with, a blade length of about 9 inches. If you look at the pic showing the top view, you can see the twist. I think it looks pretty exotic !!

gallery_30_313_69222.jpg

gallery_30_313_17166.jpggallery_30_313_41160.jpg

gallery_30_313_56440.jpg

Beautiful work sir. Never would have thought a jet fan blade could come in so handy. Do you need a list of people to try it out on? :blink:

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Beautiful work sir. Never would have thought a jet fan blade could come in so handy. Do you need a list of people to try it out on? :blink:

I think it would only work on people with "twisted" personalities....... :lol: :lol: :lol: That describes a LOT of my friends.

I think it would only work on people with "twisted" personalities....... :lol: :lol: :lol: That describes a LOT of my friends.

You and me both, sir. :)

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Gorgeous!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Okay so you didn't use any type of core just let the leather form around the blade. What weight did you use?

I dunno, just some I had on hand, about 3/16" thick. Didn't feel the need for a core. Instead of sewing it, I laced it together with brass wire to be a bit different.

>>>> Cascabel

Absolutely beautiful, Cascabel!

"Now then, me bullies! Would you rather do the gallows dance, and hang in chains 'til the crows pluck your eyes from your rotten skulls? Or would you feel the roll of a stout ship beneath your feet again?"

---Captain William Kidd---

(1945)

• 3 months later...