From the ol' Hawk, re On Stranger Tides

Hawkey

Ahoy, me Pirate Pals!

So, is everybody ready fer Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides? I be hopin' so! For ye newbies here at the Pyracy Pub, this 'ere be the 15th official time the black banner o' th' Jolly Roger bin 'oisted above 500 South Buena Vista Street --- for ye 'thout treasure maps, that thar would be The Walt Disney Studios --- and it's Blackbeard the Pirate's first major-studio motion-picture appearance in nearly 50 years! (It also be ol' Teach's first time takin' over Disney since 1968!)

This ol' Hawk knows there be a great many o' ye landlubbers out there what wants more o' Jack Sparrow. Well, ye got him --- and a wee bit more! Blackbeard's a dad, and his daughter be played by the luscious Penelope Cruz; and Ted n' Terry be in charge o' the screenplay like always. Still, I'd be keepin' a weather eye on director Rob Marshall's resume if'n I was you; I wouldn't want this Pirates adventure becomin' a musical, now, would I?

Anywho, mates, let's guzzle some rum, make some noise and get every last Pirate out there --- full Pirate regalia, if you please! I won't be satisfied wi' any less!

As ever,

Yer auld shipmate,

Ricky, th' Hawk o' the Drive

P.S.: Could one o' ye post a .pdf of Pirates Magazine, Issue #13? I still ain't seen it, and I feel grumpy becuz o' it!

Hawkey, thank ye for the eloquent praise of OST. Aye, many of us indeed are lookin' forward to OST and shall be dressed in our piratical finest. Hopefully, most of us will be able t' commandeer a theater.

I'm still attemptin' to commandeer a theater without luck seein' as some of these Theater Companies are a stuffy lot worse than the EICo! But still attemptin'. T'was thinkin' the IMAX at the Navy Pier in Chicago might be a grand place for the Chicago area. Nay a word from them.

Ahh, Blackbeard. Aye, a bit different in looks than from his last Disney appearance in "Blackbeard's Ghost". Granted that film was rather different than th' book. But, how could we all not like Blackbeard? Hmm? Unless there be pirate hunters and there be some here.

Jack? Jack!? Oh, dear God, NO! Tis Hector Barbossa we be awaitin'! Aye! He's th' Pirate's Pirate! Patience is slippin' away from me as th' date draws nigh! I'm overly eager t' see dear Hector in action!

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Arrrr! Plague upon Borders, sez I! They've already closed their Murray Hill store near New York University Medical Center; and yet their Columbus Circle and Herald Square branches remain open. And methinks they've lied all along about their Park Avenue branch, too! Either that, er I'll hafta guess!

Y'know, fer a bookstore what's declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy, Borders sure knows how t' lie t' its customers! And as ye knows, Pirates don't take kindly to liars! Had I the will, I'd take th' ol' cat-o'-nine-tails out an' give their scurvy CEO 40 lashes!

Only 40? Too light a punishment. :: wicked grin:: give 'em 40 stripes, then toss salt on them stripes followed by draggin' them in the sea with a slow keelhaul. ::: evil grin:: Then that be good enough punishment.

Oh, and since ye said "Arr".... ye owe us a drink. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ricky, th' Hawk o' the Drive

P.S.: Could one o' ye post a .pdf of Pirates Magazine, Issue #13? I still ain't seen it, and I feel grumpy becuz o' it!

Geez, the 'Hawk' "...the last standard-bearer for the Jolly Roger for the whole of New York City!" gets a write up in the magazine by Cap'n Slappy (page 49-50) and then misses getting a copy in the worlds largest city. B)B)

What's pyracy coming to nowdays?

PM yer addy swab for a gent'eel used copy. :D

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

I'd be keepin' a weather eye on director Rob Marshall's resume if'n I was you; I wouldn't want this Pirates adventure becomin' a musical, now, would I?

Oh god, please tell me they don't sing, bad enough Blackbeard looks smaller than everyone else in the commercial...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

I'd be keepin' a weather eye on director Rob Marshall's resume if'n I was you; I wouldn't want this Pirates adventure becomin' a musical, now, would I?

Oh god, please tell me they don't sing, bad enough Blackbeard looks smaller than everyone else in the commercial...

Oi, Sterling -

<shudder>

A vision flashed in my mind of Python's The Holy Grail knights singin' n' dancing on the table... only they were pirates.

I'm afeared I will sleep naught this night.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney