2011 Queen Bess and the Pyrates Fresno, California

Kenneth

Kern Co. pyrates are heading up to Fresno California for this two day event. It's our first time at this one, can't wait, anyone else going? I think its anything goes and I am sure that any lover of pyrates or any thing nautical will have fun...plus we get to blow off our cannons and try out our 3 new swivies..sweet!

http://www.queenbessandthepyrates.com/

6th Annual

Queen Bess and the Pyrates

May 14th and 15th, 2011 ~ 10am to 6pm Saturday, 10am to 5pm Sunday.

Location ~ Roeding Park, Fresno California.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

We'll be sportin' at least one new swivel as well and two deck cannon. Can't wait ta finally meet you guys. There be alot planned in the way of mock battles, general non-sense, and pyratin'. As far as I know a few of Tales crew will be there as well with another cannon and small arms. Don't forget we're having an auction Saturday to raise money to help with RJ's(from Out of Control) brain operation. If ya have any pirate gear ya wanna donate we'll auction it off. All proceeds go to help a great guy, and sponsored by St Gregs. Be ready to have a great time....

Kern Co. pyrates are heading up to Fresno California for this two day event. It's our first time at this one, can't wait, anyone else going? I think its anything goes and I am sure that any lover of pyrates or any thing nautical will have fun...plus we get to blow off our cannons and try out our 3 new swivies..sweet!

6th Annual

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

I'm sure a few will turn up. Bit of a commute for me and Chain Shot.

You need to get registered as a member in the Tales web site, or check the FB page. We all keep in touch through those, as well as personal FB pages, so you could ask around.

Kenneth, are you guys coming up to NorCal? Wish you would. The whole gang will be there, and it's a blast—literally. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

are you guys on facebook?

6th Annual

Plundering, You had me at rum.....can't wait to hang out with everyone. We dontr have a facebook, maybe I should make one. I went on the Tales site and checked the board..i'll find you on facebook Ransom. It'll be a small crew for us in Fresno, but it's quality right?

Are any of the Tales crew coming? They're a blast....

Lady Jaxx and Weezer will be there unless something changes, but I don't know about any more on the crew.Jaxx usually camps right next to us, we usually raise hell together and with Pylos' Tavern I think a good time should be had by all.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

ironhand is the guy to talk with fer water, i have a primitive feild tavern i set up with various caribbean rums and liquer from around the caribbean as well. all period onion and case bottles. yer guild is the best i have seen on the western side of the united states, you guys are doing it right and i really want to meet yer guild, i am glad to see other re enactors so zealous about the art of piracy like i am into it. your pictures on myspace are enjoying to look at, i think you guys should do the same on facebook. my e-mail is piratetrader@charter.net were did ya find the skiff?

No one else going? Wow! Maybe we are on the "wrong" coast...Wheres all the people? Maybe they all moved out of California? Should I google "Pirate festivals Kansas" and see where everyone went?

no worries mate, more fun fer us! plus i be supplin the rum, i know that tony swatton is havin a blade festival/blacksmith party in burbank the same weekend-baltimore knife and sword -kerry and matt r going to it.-kenneth are you on facebook yet? are you plannin on attending norcal in vallejo? i really cant wait for fresno so i can meet yer group-i may want to join up with yer forces to. we need to catch up with the eastcoasters, it seems like they are havin all the fun, but wait until another few months -it will get too humid fer them and eastcoasters will be out west.

Now i'm getting really excited! Is there any water in that park for our long boats?

Kenneth there is a gigantic pond that I believe is adjacent to the area we'll be in. Get back in touch with Joyce if ya wanna bring the longboat. She might be able to get approval to float her in the pond. Before she has never had any launchable boats at her faires but I'm sure she'd be interested.

We're seriously considering coming up for this one...Still trying to decide which Faires to attend this year.

Just home to restock from a Mountain Man & Colonial encampment, so if ya ask me questions I might not get back to you till next week, but....Fresno Pirate Fair is fun. You're not on show or required to perform without pay. It's just a lot of pirates and royals having fun. Lots of cannon fire and battles plus the royal court. Not overlaiden with vendors selling faire crap. Most are trying to keep with the period of Queen Bess. Don't plan on seeing a lot of aluminum chairs and such ou in sight. Most of us are serious re-enactors. I don't recall seeing Hat vendors there yetand they are vendor friendly, fees wise. It's a fairly young Faire, 4 years or so, and yeah the obligatory Jack Sparrows, but the organizers have many years under their belts and know how to put on a faire.

Hey everybody...We will probably have a couple of guitarists and a man that plays squeezebox in our camp and a master scrimshander plus all manner of pirate goods so I'll say right now.......Party's at the Iron Brigade encampment. Dancing gypsies, minstrels and RUM....It don't get no better. If ya play music, have rum, or just wanna party......It's On.......Beware the Iron Brigade......

were ready...i hope 40 pounds of powder is enough.

Well now.....I can't says that ye'll be needing that much powder....But Ye never know......We're lookin' forward to ya joining us and I've just been comandeered for scripting the battles.....Ye know there'll be plenty of artillery involved. Have yer Captain get in touch with Joyce, we need more captains to play our sea battles in camp on sheets of canvas too....Plan on havin' a good time and makin', as Roulle of the Royalist says, Plenty of BOOM.....