POTC4 Action Figures

Mission

Hey, I saw the new action figs for POTC4 in Wally World yesterday. They have large scale (about 8" I'd guess) and small (about 3"). The large figures looked pretty nice - Jack, Gibbs, Blackbeard, Barbossa and Angelica. I picked up Gibbs as he was the best of the lot IMO. (Barbossa has a truly odd-looking hat that actually made me laugh when I saw it.)

The little figures had some sort of feature where if you got them wet or something the faces turned white and ghostly-looking. I forget what they called it. There were also some mini-packs with a figure and several large accessories. I believe there were 2 different kinds: one with blackbeard and two cannon and another with Jack and...something. I forget. Oh, and there was a playset for the small figures of the QAR. It also said something about the ghostly feature on it. If I see them again, I'll make a note of what it is.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Hmmm... shall have to go take a look. I never really venture into the toy section eventhough my nieces often do. Odd, isn't it?

(Barbossa has a truly odd-looking hat that actually made me laugh when I saw it.)

LOL... Poor Barbossa.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Have you ever seen the older more cartoon looking figures by Zizzile? Figures for POTC 3? They look closer to the cartoon and young adult book versions of the main characters.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen the ones at Walmart but am I the only one whose a little disappointed in the craftsmanship of the action figures this time around? They just looked poorly made and the painting was just as mundane. Also, it looks like on the top of Blackbeards hat there is an iron cross looking logo. Is it supposed to be a star or a compass rose of some kind? Never really seen anyone decorate the top of a tricorn before. At least to me the whole Blackbeard outfit looks a little to "Hot Topic" for my taste. Still can't wait to see the movie though!

• 1 month later...

Those that you speak of are by Jakks Pacific. Zizzle and NECA no longer are licensed. Jakks Pacific has the license now.

Hot Toys will be making 4 figures. Jack Sparrow, Angelica

and speculation points to Blackbeard, the 4th is unknown

The-Black-Pearl-in-a-Bottle-Hot-Toys-1.jpg

POTC-Angelica-Two-Chalices.jpg

Dear fans, we are finally delighted to unveil our long-planned and value-added accessory "The Black Pearl in a Bottle" just after the movie is officially launched, which will come with our Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure! Some fans may be asking where Angelica is. Besides Captain Jack Sparrow, we are more than happy to announce that we will be launching the collectible of another key character Angelica too! What's amazing is that she will come with the pair of chalices as bonus accessory! Fans, please don't miss it!

What's more, we are pleased to let you know that the smiley face, which is another interchangeable face of Captain Jack Sparrow, will be coming up soon! We will definitely keep our fans posted. Please stay tuned!

110519001267b5339925759d87.jpg

1105190012bf12de0f8834e62e.jpg

11051900127ae2a6abc9b5d2dc.jpg

Unison is also making a talking highly articulated Jack Sparrow

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-1_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-2_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-3_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-4_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-5_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-6_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-7_1306239450.jpg

Ultimate-Unison-Jack-Sparrow-8_1306239450.jpg

Edited by Heartless Wretch

I combined the two topics on the POTC4 figures since we really only need one.

That Unison figure is amazing in detail. However, the cheapest I found it for pre-order was here at a measly $262 (plus shipping). They should make a Barbossa too - I know several people who would probably buy that.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG