Congratulations Foxe!

Red Maria

Our own Foxe has has an article published in International Journal of Maritime History (v.22 no.2 Dec 2010) It's titles Jacobitism & the "Golden Age" of Piracy, 1715-1725 / by E.T. Foxe. I just photocaopied it so I can take it home to read at my leisure. Way to go Ed!

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Why thankyou :P

Living on the wrong side of the Pond, I haven't seen a paper copy yet (though I have a PDF version). Hope you enjoy it

(For the record, in the non-electronic world I'm just plain ol' 'Fox' without an 'e')

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

(For the record, in the non-electronic world I'm just plain ol' 'Fox' without an 'e')

Oh no! The illusion is shattered!

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

congrats.gif

Way to go! And... to many more (glasses and publications alike ;) )

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Congratulations, suh. Well done. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

"If part of the goods be plundered by a pirate the proprietor or shipmaster is not entitled to any contribution." An introduction to merchandize, Robert Hamilton, 1777

Slightly Obsessed, an 18th Century reenacting blog

Don't hold your breath :rolleyes:

Foxe

"With this Fore-Staff he fansies he does Wonders, when, God knows, it amounts to no more but only to solve that simple Question, Where are we? Which every chi'd in London can tell you." - Ned Ward The Wooden World Dissected, 1707

ETFox.co.uk

As this seems to be the Foxe fan page, I thought I'd post this here. I'll also include it on the Raids, Boarding Parties, Pyrate Events Page. I hope many of you can attend!

PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico:

Politics, Economics and Authenticity of

Black Beard and Caribbean Pirates of 1718

For Immediate Release

WASHINGTON, NC—The Blackbeard Adventure Alliance (BAA) of Beaufort County, NC, announces the inaugural "PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico," a one-day symposium and river cruise on Saturday, May 21, 2011, at Washington and Bath, North Carolina. An international panel of pirate scholars will present groundbreaking and startlingly different historical perspectives of Carolina and Caribbean pirates against the pop-culture backdrop of Hollywood's newest depiction of two of the world's best-known fictional and historical pirates—Jack Sparrow and Edward Teach. Featured among the PARLEY's provocative presentations will be titles such as: "Bloodthirsty Pirates or Hapless Marionettes?—How colonial North Carolina's economic conditions, political discord and ministerial treachery may have contributed to the demise of the infamous pirate Black Beard and the Carolina Pirates;" and, "Pirate Myths and Realities—Exploring the origins of some of the most fascinating lies we have been told about pirates."

The PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico begins on Saturday morning in the footsteps of Black Beard the pirate with a bus trip of 75 ticket holders departing Washington's waterfront followed by a walking tour of Bath led by ECU's Dr. Charles Ewen, author of X Marks the Spot—The Archaeology of Piracy. A noted scholar of colonial-era archaeology, Ewen will discuss discoveries of recent archaeological excavations and historical research and what has been learned about the size, sophistication and daily life of the town where Black Beard and his cohorts surrendered to authorities in the summer of 1718.

The tour of Bath will be followed by a one-of-a-kind narrated and catered pirate cruise aboard the 85-foot-long Belle of Washington, departing the Bath town dock and passing important sites like the famed "secret tunnel" plantation of Gov. Eden and later, the pirate-cooper Edward Salter at Beasley Point, Blackbeard's purported residence at Plum Point and the plantation of suspected pirate patron Tobias Knight at Archbell Point. During this three-hour cruise up the Pamlico River, 75 passengers will be treated to lunch, refreshments and a cash bar while chatting with the PARLEY's presenters.

At 3 p.m. near Washington's waterfront, symposium ticket holders will convene at the historic Turnage Theatre for two fascinating presentations. British historian E.T. Fox from Brixham, England, curator of the Sir Francis Drake-Golden Hind museum ship and author of The King of the Pirates—The Swashbuckling Career of Henry Every, will explain the historical realities of pirates and their differences from pop-culture depictions in film and literature. Kevin P. Duffus, noted North Carolina filmmaker, journalist, decoder of maritime mysteries, and author of The Last Days of Black Beard the Pirate, will present a new, provocative program titled, "Bloodthirsty Pirates or Hapless Marionettes?"

Following the afternoon sessions, attendees will be encouraged to dine at their downtown restaurant of choice from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. At 7 p.m. the doors of the Turnage will reopen for a presenter book signing and exhibit in the reception area of the theater titled: "Interpretations of Blackbeard In Fact, Fiction & Folklore," featuring books, movie posters and artwork depicting Beaufort County's infamous pirate captain. At 7:30 p.m., the PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico will resume with a spirited, free-wheeling roundtable discussion of pirates, Black Beard, archaeology, history, folklore and legends, featuring E.T. Fox, Charles Ewen, Kevin Duffus and questions from the audience.

Tickets for the bus trip to Bath, tour and return to Washington by catered river cruise cost $75 per person. Tickets for the Parley sessions at the Turnage Theater are $20 per person. Members of recognized historical societies and genealogical organizations will be offered special seating; all other ticket holders will be seated on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Black Beard Adventure Alliance (BAA) office at 252-948-0550. Media inquiries should be directed to 919-845-9244. Additional information may be soon found at BAA's website: http://blackbeardsloopadventure.com/

Blackbeard Adventure Alliance (BAA), is a Beaufort County non-profit organization composed of sea loving history enthusiasts who desire to restore a piece of "pirate history" to North Carolina. BAA plans to build a replica of the Blackbeard sloop Adventure, and use it as an educational vessel, including the design and construction process. Through the PIRATE PARLEY, BAA hopes to remind the world that Bath in North Carolina's Beaufort County was Blackbeard's last homeport, his objective and ultimate destination following his two years as a "pirate of the Caribbean," and place of residence for most of his inner circle of pirates.

--CAP--

Edited by LookingGlass

Now thats something I want to go to. I'm off to check airfares :wub:

What airport you flying in to Ed?

Edited by PoD

bannerad.jpg

...and then I discovered the wine...

about time...sheesh....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

As this seems to be the Foxe fan page, I thought I'd post this here. I'll also include it on the Raids, Boarding Parties, Pyrate Events Page. I hope many of you can attend!

PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico:

Politics, Economics and Authenticity of

Black Beard and Caribbean Pirates of 1718

For Immediate Release

WASHINGTON, NC—The Blackbeard Adventure Alliance (BAA) of Beaufort County, NC, announces the inaugural "PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico," a one-day symposium and river cruise on Saturday, May 21, 2011, at Washington and Bath, North Carolina. An international panel of pirate scholars will present groundbreaking and startlingly different historical perspectives of Carolina and Caribbean pirates against the pop-culture backdrop of Hollywood's newest depiction of two of the world's best-known fictional and historical pirates—Jack Sparrow and Edward Teach. Featured among the PARLEY's provocative presentations will be titles such as: "Bloodthirsty Pirates or Hapless Marionettes?—How colonial North Carolina's economic conditions, political discord and ministerial treachery may have contributed to the demise of the infamous pirate Black Beard and the Carolina Pirates;" and, "Pirate Myths and Realities—Exploring the origins of some of the most fascinating lies we have been told about pirates."

The PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico begins on Saturday morning in the footsteps of Black Beard the pirate with a bus trip of 75 ticket holders departing Washington's waterfront followed by a walking tour of Bath led by ECU's Dr. Charles Ewen, author of X Marks the Spot—The Archaeology of Piracy. A noted scholar of colonial-era archaeology, Ewen will discuss discoveries of recent archaeological excavations and historical research and what has been learned about the size, sophistication and daily life of the town where Black Beard and his cohorts surrendered to authorities in the summer of 1718.

The tour of Bath will be followed by a one-of-a-kind narrated and catered pirate cruise aboard the 85-foot-long Belle of Washington, departing the Bath town dock and passing important sites like the famed "secret tunnel" plantation of Gov. Eden and later, the pirate-cooper Edward Salter at Beasley Point, Blackbeard's purported residence at Plum Point and the plantation of suspected pirate patron Tobias Knight at Archbell Point. During this three-hour cruise up the Pamlico River, 75 passengers will be treated to lunch, refreshments and a cash bar while chatting with the PARLEY's presenters.

At 3 p.m. near Washington's waterfront, symposium ticket holders will convene at the historic Turnage Theatre for two fascinating presentations. British historian E.T. Fox from Brixham, England, curator of the Sir Francis Drake-Golden Hind museum ship and author of The King of the Pirates—The Swashbuckling Career of Henry Every, will explain the historical realities of pirates and their differences from pop-culture depictions in film and literature. Kevin P. Duffus, noted North Carolina filmmaker, journalist, decoder of maritime mysteries, and author of The Last Days of Black Beard the Pirate, will present a new, provocative program titled, "Bloodthirsty Pirates or Hapless Marionettes?"

Following the afternoon sessions, attendees will be encouraged to dine at their downtown restaurant of choice from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. At 7 p.m. the doors of the Turnage will reopen for a presenter book signing and exhibit in the reception area of the theater titled: "Interpretations of Blackbeard In Fact, Fiction & Folklore," featuring books, movie posters and artwork depicting Beaufort County's infamous pirate captain. At 7:30 p.m., the PIRATE PARLEY on the Pamlico will resume with a spirited, free-wheeling roundtable discussion of pirates, Black Beard, archaeology, history, folklore and legends, featuring E.T. Fox, Charles Ewen, Kevin Duffus and questions from the audience.

Tickets for the bus trip to Bath, tour and return to Washington by catered river cruise cost $75 per person. Tickets for the Parley sessions at the Turnage Theater are $20 per person. Members of recognized historical societies and genealogical organizations will be offered special seating; all other ticket holders will be seated on a first-come, first-serve basis. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Black Beard Adventure Alliance (BAA) office at 252-948-0550. Media inquiries should be directed to 919-845-9244. Additional information may be soon found at BAA's website: http://blackbeardsloopadventure.com/

Blackbeard Adventure Alliance (BAA), is a Beaufort County non-profit organization composed of sea loving history enthusiasts who desire to restore a piece of "pirate history" to North Carolina. BAA plans to build a replica of the Blackbeard sloop Adventure, and use it as an educational vessel, including the design and construction process. Through the PIRATE PARLEY, BAA hopes to remind the world that Bath in North Carolina's Beaufort County was Blackbeard's last homeport, his objective and ultimate destination following his two years as a "pirate of the Caribbean," and place of residence for most of his inner circle of pirates.

--CAP--

I AM going, some how, some way.

(If anyone is willing to "help me out" w/ cheap sleeping room/floor, let me know-> I can afford the pay part above, but the present economy/job issue makes the hotel for just me too much. i'm pleading, I know-> but any it helps. I'll be there even if I sleep in my vehicle and shower at a truck stop . . .)

I'll be calling tomorrow (Mon).

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

NO! :unsure:

Well, yes and no, yes to HCP and the kitchens but no to the part of 'MM's team', see PM.

Edited by Grymm

Lambourne! Lambourne! Stop that man pissin' on the hedge, it's imported.

• 1 month later...

Gape! Hey, I have that "King of the Pirates" book! That's *you*?! Well, scupper me hide, I just never made the connexion (old sp). An enjoyable read, that is, and when I was visiting Nassau last year on the Carnival Pride, viewing of what is today called "Paradise" Island, I thought to meself, "So that's where Long Ben dumped the Fancy..."

Damn, thats sharp!