Searle's Raid 2011 After Action report.

Sgt Johnson

On behalf of all Searle's Bucaneers we wish to say thank you for making this event the best one yet. I hope that everyone that made the trip had a safe and memorable time. We had people from as far away as Texas and Ohio. We had people from 9 different states come to this years event. For those that missed the fun, now is the time to make plans for next years event.

This year we had 92 men, women and children at the Fountain of Youth and the battle downtown, that is up from the 81 we had last year. The rain stayed away (a light drizzle was all we got) and the weather was perfect for camping!

Thanks again to everyone for making Searle's 2011 a rousing success!

Your Searle's Buccaneers officer Core,

Captain William Kunze

Lt.. Jeff Johnson

Sgt. Doug Pummel

Insign. Willie Wobble

Chief Scribe Conrad Matt

"For God and the King"

Sgt. Jeff Johnson

On behalf of all Searle's Bucaneers we wish to say thank you for making this event the best one yet. I hope that everyone that made the trip had a safe and memorable time. We had people from as far away as Texas and Ohio. We had people from 9 different states come to this years event. For those that missed the fun, now is the time to make plans for next years event.

This year we had 92 men, women and children at the Fountain of Youth and the battle downtown, that is up from the 81 we had last year. The rain stayed away (a light drizzle was all we got) and the weather was perfect for camping!

Thanks again to everyone for making Searle's 2011 a rousing success!

Your Searle's Buccaneers officer Core,

Captain William Kunze

Lt.. Jeff Johnson

Sgt. Doug Pummel

Insign. Willie Wobble

Chief Scribe Conrad Matt

Huzzah.....10x ......to SB.......we are bringing the tent next year.........again.....HUZZAH

Yo Ho.......

Jeff -

Thanks much to you, Capt W, Doug and the whole Searles crew for hosting an excellent event. Maria and I had a great time at St Augustine, we really enjoyed ourselves and appreciate the effort your team put into making things work so smoothly. Your guys did a lot of hard work to make things excellent and for Maria and I to feel very welcome there. It is much appreciated.

We'll definitely be making the drive to Florida next year to see you all again.

Brass

one of Morgan's Men, "Guantanamo Jack" Brass

"No peace beyond the line"

I feel bad for being so late in posting this... But I got home from vacation to get slammed by work... ;)

That aside, I too want to thank Lieut. Johnson, Capt. William, Manny "Doug" Namus, Ensign Wobble, and Mr. Conrad for putting on another great event!

We actually don't have any pictures to share though! (which is most odd for us)... But on the other hand I am glad the wife got out from behind the lens and had a good time playing instead.

It was great to meet some new faces (specially our neighbors Greg and Maria, Greg who I have been talking to online for some time now). It was good to meet !Augustus! (that's Gus Gus to the rest of us), Mike the gunsmith (who along with the Blacksmith whose name I did not catch, hardened a frizzen on a pistol to loan out that I thought would be impossible to perform in those conditions),

And as always awesome to see so many faces I missed, Diosa, Red Jessi (and to meet her boyfriend Patrick), Capt. J, Janet, Ivan Henry, Christopher, Melissa/Melvin, John and Paula (great to see them, even though they were not able to stay nearly as long as I would have liked) and so many more I know that I am forgetting. And a special thanks to DB and Anne Marie, who really went over the top making this an extra special vacation for us and spent a good part of the week with us!

The Searle's Raid event continues to be one of my favourites because of all these people and so many other reasons. I can't wait to do it again next year (for my fourth year running, even though Ivan Henry convinced me I missed a year) ;);)

One special request for next year.... While Conrad's cooking was indeed very good... I feel spoiled from experiencing the culinary delight of Melissa and team's work from the past two year.... Would the officer's of Searle's please pass on the message to Melvin to beg his sister to come back? Pretty please! ;) I do really like Melvin, and enjoyed his company, but if I had to choose between the two, Melissa wins every time! ;)

Edit: I don't know how I almost forgot this (okay I was drunk when it happened), but having William Red Wake Skype in for a brief face to face chat was awesome. It really did almost feel like he was at the event for a brief time.... Kind of made me sad when I realized he actually wasn't. But all the same, thanks for taking the time to visit with us Quartermaster!

Michael_banner.jpg

Zut! I was hopping for those dozen of pictures you guys usually take every events. But I'm glad your wife had more time to enjoy herself and be part of the fun rather than behind the camera. I just wish I had been there too! ;)

Edited by Cuisto Mako

I had hoped for the same.....i always feel better about missing an event, so long as i may live vicariously through other peoples pictures!........also, Mr. Mako, i pray yee can make it to an event soon, i feel you would be a most interesting person to meet!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

II saw that Ivan Henry, aka Mooseworth, had quite a few pictures posted on Facebook for those who live vicariously or for the other folks who just want to see them.

5024514353_8b387a806a_m.jpg

Jonathan Washbourne

"Jonathan Washbourne Junr of Bridgwater appeared in court and was ordered to pay £5 fees and charges or be publicly whipped 20

stripes for his abusive and uncivil behaviour to Elizabeth Canaday Late of said Bridgwater by Thrusting up or putting of a skunk

under the Cloaths to her Naked Body And then saying he had Done the office of a midwife." (from The Plymouth Journal, July 1701)

Good Mr Couper - Excellent photos of the event. It takes a very good photographer to make the likes of me look even remotely presentable and you've certainly achieved such in the several photos I was lucky enough to be in. My Maria, however, always looks good and it's nice I didn't detract. Bravo to you sir!

Michael B - Finally meeting you and your lovely frau, Capt J and his excellent lady Janet, Red Jessi & Patrick, and Mark G was a treat and I hope we can be neighbors in camp again soon.

Brass

one of Morgan's Men, "Guantanamo Jack" Brass

"No peace beyond the line"