Literary Pirate Novel

wendy

If you are into writing, maybe you will like joining one of the two Age of Sail sites in my signature... None accepts a female pirate from the start, but as a second character, or working her way until getting aboard a pirate ship, yes .

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

If you are into writing, maybe you will like joining one of the two Age of Sail sites in my signature... None accepts a female pirate from the start, but as a second character, or working her way until getting aboard a pirate ship, yes .

Thanks. I agree - my character finds herself a victim of circumstance. The story is recounted by an English gypsy called Lola Blaise, who knows that Captain Edward Teach is a buccaneer when she marries him but has no idea she is about to become the thirteenth wife of the infamous Blackbeard, nor does she realize the unconscionable deeds she will have to perform to avoid the fate of her tragic predecessors. The action takes place in the Eighteenth Century’s ‘Golden Age of Piracy’. Lola takes us on an epic journey from her early Romany childhood, to loss of innocence in the slums of London, a horrific voyage on a white slave ship, indentured servitude on a Charleston rice plantation, life in a brothel on the ‘Pirate Republic’ of New Providence, and ultimately aboard the Queen Anne’s Revenge, as she interacts with real characters in factual situations. This is a gritty, violent, realistic portrayal of the lascivious, often manic events, acted out by dangerous drunk individuals with little left to lose. Warning: Not a tale for the faint of heart!

Well, "Before the Mast"'s stories happen in 1719 too, so join us with any of the minor characters from the book... or with another one!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

I looked at it. (And you seem to like Willa Cather too - I loved "My Anthonia" and also "The Conquerors of the Prairie").

I might agree that the world might not be ready yet for Lola (because we have another story than Blackbeard's), but if you have a male pirate or a prostitute for Tortuga... they are welcome!

Edited by Elena

BTMnewad.jpg