Beaufort Pirate Invasion

We have an honest to goodness invitation. See what I did there? I used 'honest' and 'goodness' while describing an invitation to a pirate festival. Sorry.

Still, we're invited so let's talk logistics. Who wants to do a sea battle and some hangin's?

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

If I can get off . . .

I'll show up!

Maybe I can meet more folks in person.

This one would be close enough I could work Friday morn and STILL show up before midnight! (That would be a 350 mile, 6 hour trip for me)

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I have begun to post the details for this year's Beaufort Pirate Invasion. The dates are Friday, the 12th of August and Sat. the 13th. As we contract with food and entertainment I will post on "Events, Invasions, etc." or whatever the topic is below PiP. I look forward to seeing you folks in my homeport. Dutch "X" (his mark)

• 3 months later...

Ahoy the Mercury!

After the invitation was extended to the crew to, and offers were made to assist some of us with travel and expenses over four months back, Beaufort went dark. I've sent emails and phone calls that I have gone unreturned and our most urgent questions could not be answered, so I've decided not to attend.

My thanks to everyone who passed along what information they could find. I still hope to make it some year to this well attended event. It looks like a lot of fun.

If you are interested in attending, please sound off and report your tent footprints here. If you have the means, it promises to be an excellent affair.

http://www.beaufortpirateinvasion.com/meet-the-pirates

The invitation to attend still stands for any member of the Mercury that wishes to go. Captain Sterling will take you on as pressed men or prisoners and you can tent at the event or spend the night sleeping in the jail. Let me know if any of you are interested, and if you meant to tent, please get your footprints to Captain Sterling.