Boring Dart Cabinet

This sort of goes hand-in-hand with the Pirate Bar Necessities topic however I want to keep the two topics separate.

As we get closer and closer to completion on my pirate bar it has become apparent that the room itself is quite plain and that it will be the decorations and accents that will give the room "life". Which leads me to my dart board cabinet:

47226.jpg

As you can see the case itself is pretty plain. And since 90% of the room is wood toned it sort of gets lost. So we're trying to brainstorm ways to liven it up a bit. A few ideas we have are making a smaller version of my 3D wood Jolly Roger

tn_gallery_11372_418_68610.jpg

and just splitting it in so the doors can open. Or I can make the same thing but instead of the swords make darts. Like this

355376103v3_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

The final idea I had was painting a faded version of the East India Trading Company's symbol on the front as if the dart cabinet was made from one of their crates.

east-india.jpg

Any thoughts? or Other Ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help

Capn Antonio Malasses

It's been said "Never Trust a Skinny Chef" I say "Never Trust a Sober Pirate"

The actual East India logo is this (w/o the V):

logo479.gif

Some stuff was w/o the V, while stuff from the late 1700s has the V (most I've seen are dated 1790s). I'm not sure when it was introduced or what it means (Queen Victoria reigned later-in the mid to late 1800s). Maybe our English historians may enlighten us.

The symbology is:

The heart of the British Empire, crossed by the company. The top 4 is supposed to be a sail . . .

The letters are East India Company

The one with the 3 crosses/t's was designed for the Pirates of the Caribbean films (though it is showing up at historical events now).

The Dutch East India Company used this mark:

voc.jpg

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Wow Learn something new everyday. Sadly I'm not digging the Heart as a way to dress up the board. And I got a good laugh out of the Dutch symbol but those letters have a different meaning amongst my crew and I won't get into that whole story here.

LOL!

Keep the ideas coming

Capn Antonio Malasses

Cap'n Tony -

Interesting shape, a faux seam across the two top hinges and some brass trim and a mock handle across the center it would look end-on like a pirate chest.

Jas. Hook ;)

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

The actual East India logo is this (w/o the V):

logo479.gif

Some stuff was w/o the V, while stuff from the late 1700s has the V (most I've seen are dated 1790s). I'm not sure when it was introduced or what it means (Queen Victoria reigned later-in the mid to late 1800s). Maybe our English historians may enlighten us.

The symbology is:

The heart of the British Empire, crossed by the company. The top 4 is supposed to be a sail . . .

The letters are East India Company

The one with the 3 crosses/t's was designed for the Pirates of the Caribbean films (though it is showing up at historical events now).

The Dutch East India Company used this mark:

voc.jpg

could the V be the roman numeral 5?

and the idea about your logo is pretty cool but I like the faux pirate chest thing that Jas mention...maybe if you treated to look like very old wood with some different stains ? to look like you have reused some old planks or boards maybe?

Edited by Zingara Carmella
Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

-snip- I like the faux pirate chest thing -snip-

Me too!

That would be more interesting.

The logo-link were more general info for the room. I like old signs, even replicas. That would be the equivalent and more interesting b/c real, unlike the PotC 2/3 "East India Trading Company" one (which is nice, looks period but isn't from it/real).

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Me too!

That would be more interesting.

The logo-link were more general info for the room. I like old signs, even replicas. That would be the equivalent and more interesting b/c real, unlike the PotC 2/3 "East India Trading Company" one (which is nice, looks period but isn't from it/real).

I agree that the treasure chest idea is pretty Awesome. However after some thought I realized I have quite a few chests for this or items that look like chests in this bar. Although a pirate can never have enough booty, I don't want this piece to be lost in the clutter.

Bright,

Those are some Awesome pics. Wish I could get a real Dartboard made with the WWPD? Design

Capn Antonio Malasses