Did the Pub get 'hacked" ?

Littleneckhalfshell

in the pub, twill, way to a pirates heart etc, in the extream right hand colum where you usually see the last post to a topic thread, there is some strange stuff that shouldn't be there, some 'Iressa", or something? When you click it, it takes you to an error page, what is up with that? One section says ""iressa clinical trials | ir..""

Edited by Littleneckhalfshell

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

I am not seeing that, even in IE6 without any ad removal plug-ins. I'll give Stynky a shout on it, but it may be your computer, not the pub. May I suggest using Firefox if you're not already? They have some wonderful anti-ad and spam plug-ins available for free.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

I have been seeing the same thing, and under the "new members" space a couple of odd names that don't fit the piracy pattern were showing up, including the sources of the "iressa" posts.

It seems to have started about the same time as the Russian intro people were trying to figure out. There were still one or two showing up after I ran anti-virus software as a precaution.

I am not seeing that, even in IE6 without any ad removal plug-ins. I'll give Stynky a shout on it, but it may be your computer, not the pub. May I suggest using Firefox if you're not already? They have some wonderful anti-ad and spam plug-ins available for free.

same on FireFox,

The Shipyard - Last Post info:

# 23 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

# In: purchase Iressa no visa onl...

# By: ----

The Way to a Pirates heart - Last Post info:

# 23 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

# In: iressa clinical trials | ir...

Pirates in Paradise Festival - Last Post info:

# 23 February 2011 - 09:07 PM

# In: iressa saturday shipping ch...

These three seem to be the only ones affected now when I go on. Nothing like this appears on any other sites I go to on my computer, only

Pyracy Pub. ? But if you click on them, You get the "error occurred" page

No Fear Have Ye of Evil Curses says you...

Aye,... Properly Warned Ye Be says I

Yep I did see it too...I know I was reading this morning some stories in the Twill and I could not change pages or go nowhere in the pub and some weird message came on saying that this website could not be reached????

Yep I did see it too...I know I was reading this morning some stories in the Twill and I could not change pages or go nowhere in the pub and some weird message came on saying that this website could not be reached????

Gypsy_Dance_by_depplosion.jpgicon20tarotcardpoker-1.jpg

Ah, I misunderstood. I don't use the forum index, I use the View New Content link at the top of the main page rather than the forum indexes, so I didn't see them.

Those were SPAM threads. The posts were deleted, but the pub software doesn't seem to want to remove them from the "last post listing" on the forum index page. (They were the last posts before they were deleted.) So when you try to click on them, the the software can't find the SPAM thread that was deleted and you get an error. While it is a problem with the software, it's a forum coding problem, not a hack.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

From what I can tell, the Pub has not been hacked.

However a spammer did get through and started posting stuff. Though it was reported and subsequently deleted, it took a while for it to be pushed out of the database.

But please let me know if you see anything else.

Seeng Russian spam allmost every day but you guys are getting faster.....today when I went to report it......hit the fast reply by mistake....hit the back button & it was allready gone! Fast work !

Edited by peglegstrick

Seeng Russian spam allmost every day but you guys are getting faster.....today when I went to report it......hit the fast reply by mistake....hit the back button & it was allready gone! Fast work !

It sort of depends on when there are admins around to pick it off. (The mods can't delete it, they can only hide it.) There are only a couple of regularly active admins, so the response time depends on when they're on-line to delete it and then log in to the forum management software and ban the slobs who're posting it.

Mission_banner5.JPG