Need help with project

captscurvy_nc

I have all the canvas I need to make a period style vendor booth but I am unsure about construction. I want something that will work for areas where I can use ropes and stakes but also be able to set it up at events where I'm on concrete. I also still need to finish making a tent for myself and my son (that's right, our own little autistic powder monkey is finally going to make an appearance or two) so was toying with the idea of making something multipurpose. Does anyone have any plans or patterns for a project like this (budget is small to almost non existent at tbe moment) or have a link they can share with the info? Hoping to have it done before my show the second week in April. Thanks in advance for tbe help

Check this place out, mate. Thar be a tent pattern in thar somewhar, mayhaps.

http://www.ivanhenry.com/extras.html

Look on th' bottom o' th' page, mate!

'Ope it helps!

'Til the Morrow,
Cap'n Bloody Sam Rackham
Captain o' The Cursed Few
Co Organizer o' The Southern Pirate Festival
Ship's Carpenter o' The Atlanta Pirates & Wenches Guild

Member of Order of Leviathan 2nd Generation

I have all the canvas I need to make a period style vendor booth but I am unsure about construction. I want something that will work for areas where I can use ropes and stakes but also be able to set it up at events where I'm on concrete. I also still need to finish making a tent for myself and my son (that's right, our own little autistic powder monkey is finally going to make an appearance or two) so was toying with the idea of making something multipurpose. Does anyone have any plans or patterns for a project like this (budget is small to almost non existent at tbe moment) or have a link they can share with the info? Hoping to have it done before my show the second week in April. Thanks in advance for tbe help

Check Google Images for Baker tents. This is more stable than most pavilions so you should be able to rig it to work on cement. It also has room enough inside to work. It is also simple geometric shapes for people who don't want to do a lot of sewing.

There is a lot of controversy about how early these go. Some people insist that they are a 19th century invention. I have seen versions in 30 Years War woodcuts (1630s) so I would have no compunction about using one for GAoP.